Subaru Outback Forums banner

341 - 346 of 346 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Subaru Outback Limited w/ Eyesight
191 Posts
I like the refined and sophisticated looks of the 2015. Now if only I could swap out the fugly
roof rails with the Euro edition's ....that would make it more complete ! Any idea how to get the Euro style rails ordered and whether they'll fit on this baby ?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Roof Racks

I actually like the look for the roof rails but agree with all the chirping about not playing nice with more functional aftermarket racks such as Yak or Thule. However, those pics of the new OB show some recessed areas on the side of the rails - I wonder if it will be possible those aftermarket folks will be able to clamp something on there.

·
Registered
2016 Subaru Outback Limited w/ Eyesight
191 Posts
I'd be willing to swap the ugly stock rails on the 2015 O/B with someone in Europe, Mexico or Australia who fancies the North American style racks ! Anyone ?

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,017 Posts
I like the refined and sophisticated looks of the 2015. Now if only I could swap out the fugly
roof rails with the Euro edition's ....that would make it more complete ! Any idea how to get the Euro style rails ordered and whether they'll fit on this baby ?
It has been previously said on here if anyone plans on taking the Gen2 ones off they will find many more bolts to remove and holes to seal then they envisioned. (if I remember correctly: 10 real big bolts).

That being said, if the bolt pattern is not the same, then you will have to seal the North American holes, and then drill new Euro holes, (presuming, you also have the same major and minor structures to anchor them into).

So in my opinion, ignore it, you sit in the car and drive it, and admire other cars. (like looking down at a enlarging beer gut, vs. looking out at pretty ladies)

341 - 346 of 346 Posts