Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2016 OBW 2.5i Premium w/EyeSight
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping to get some help here. Have the oppertunity to score a set of decent conditon 2015 sti wheels (i believe they’re the enkei ones?). Wanted to know if they’ll fit on my 16 outback and moreover what size tires would be reccomended to maintain the closest overall diameter (i.e. so i wont throw off the speedo etc). My current stock wheels are 17s i think on 225/65R17s

STi wheel spec:
Size: 18x8.5"
Offset: +55
Bolt Pattern: 5x114
Wheel Weight: 24.25

·
Brucey
'17 3.6
11,414 Posts
225 60 18 is the factory 18" wheel size. Should work fine.

You can likely go to 235 55 18 or even 245 55 18 without much trouble.

·
Registered
'17 Outback Limited 3.6R in Venetian Red.
480 Posts
See my thread here.
http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums...3-6r-limited-cwp-maryland.html#/topics/384345
I have 18x8.5 with the same offset. 245/55-18 is the closest diameter to factory. It’s a tight fit but I don’t have any rubbing. There are photos in my thread showing clearance.
Can you reuse the TPMS from your OEM 18" Limited wheels for the WRX wheels? Or do you have to buy a new set like you did.

I'm going to buy aftermarket wheels later this year and was wondering if I had to buy new sensors.

·
Registered
2017 CWP Outback 3.6R
76 Posts
Can you reuse the TPMS from your OEM 18" Limited wheels for the WRX wheels? Or do you have to buy a new set like you did.

I'm going to buy aftermarket wheels later this year and was wondering if I had to buy new sensors.

You can use the 2018 sensors.

·
Registered
'17 Outback Limited 3.6R in Venetian Red.
480 Posts
You can use the 2018 sensors.
Okay great! That's good to know. Just a quick question, if that's the case why did you buy an extra set for your aftermarket wheels when you could of used your OEM ones?

Thanks,

·
Registered
2016 OBW 2.5i Premium w/EyeSight
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay great! That's good to know. Just a quick question, if that's the case why did you buy an extra set for your aftermarket wheels when you could of used your OEM ones?

Thanks,
Sorry for the late response. I had my tire shop swap sensors. I would have bought some take offs from eBay otherwise. Some folks want a second set for winter tires or off-road etc.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts