Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Subaru Outback
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My lease ended on my 2015 Limited Outback and I picked up a 2018 Limited Outback.

Here are things I like better on the 2018 in no particular order.

1. CVT has smoother shifting and doesn't seem to "struggle" as much as my 2015 did

2. Apple CarPlay is awesome. I no longer have to have my iphone mounted to the dash to use nav and streaming. I plug it in and use the large screen for the apple navigation and apple music.

3. Quieter. They definitely worked on the wind noise that was very prevalent in the 2015. The mirrors have been redesigned and I think I read they used thicker glass in the side windows. On the interstate, I dont have to raise my voice at all to talk.

4. The air pressure for each tire is finally shown.

5. Siri works great without a delay. On the 2015 I'd have to wait about 15 seconds before the beep

6. Auto door locks finally

7. Rear USB ports for the kid's devices

8. Larger clock and option to see the clock and outside temperature on the dashboard center controls

9. Lane departure stays on after turning off the car. This doesn't happen on my 2017 Legacy and I didn't have it at all on my 2015

10. Radio presets show the name of the station instead of just the number of the preset

11. LED headlights are much brighter. The steering sensitive lights seem to do a god job when I am turning the wheel.

12. Thinner rearview mirror

13. Larger infotainment screen

14. Back up camera with the directional lines, and the indicator shading of what may be in the way

15. Auto braking on backup

16. The new blind spot indicator.. I can see the light while looking straight whereas I couldn't see that before.

17. Auto headlights when wipers come on

Things I'm not that crazy about..

1. Driver seat seems firmer.. probably because it is new

2. Glossy black accents on the steering wheel

3. fingerprints on the infotainment screen

·
Banned
6,264 Posts
#1 CVT's aren't supposed to shift. Wish Subaru would stop trying to program it to be a conventional automatic transmission.

·
Registered
2018 3.6R Limited - Magnetite - LP Adventure lift
508 Posts
Did you have xenon or halogen on your 15?

Wondering how the led compare to xenon

·
Registered
2010/2016 outback
1,032 Posts
I wish they would of added DI to the 2.5. That would push me over to trade my 16. I have it in my new prez and it makes a big difference

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited, Ice Silver/Titanium Gray Leather Interior
272 Posts
I did the same thing! I went from a 2015 OB to a 2018. I did however make the Jump from the 2015 OB Premium to the 2018 OB Limited. My goodness, I love the keyless entry/push button start.

I actually like the implied shifting the CVT offers. Its smooth and its quiet. No complaints.

Here are my favorite things.

The steering/suspension is much improved. Rides so much better.
Wind noise is dramatically reduced IMO
Larger 8" Infotainment Display
Larger Clock
Tire Pressures are displayed
Adaptive Cruise control ROCKS
Headlights that turn
Brighter/whiter headlights
Auto locks
Rubber seat back protectors for back seats. Did not have these before.
The new Limited "Rims" ...Love these wheels.
Have Eyesight now. Didn't before. Finding it very useful. I feel safer
More USB Power ports
Faux Wood trim - I like it better than the 'reflective/silver' in the Premium models.
Numerical readouts in the Temp knobs
CAR PLAY! Love getting the Apple maps on my display and Voice texting (receiving and sending) Very nice.

·
Registered
2010/2016 outback
1,032 Posts
Did the 15's ride bad. I know Subaru made ride changes to Legacy in 16 because of complaints but I thought Outback was ok. I think they introduced Stablex shocks in 16?

·
Banned
6,264 Posts
Did the 15's ride bad. I know Subaru made ride changes to Legacy in 16 because of complaints but I thought Outback was ok. I think they introduced Stablex shocks in 16?
Have a '15, have driven both a '17 and an '18. Not much difference in my opinion. It is a firm but smooth ride Majority of folks should be comfortable with the ride. I also believe my wife's '17 Forester absorbs road noise better than the OB.

·
Registered
2010/2016 outback
1,032 Posts
Have a '15, have driven both a '17 and an '18. Not much difference in my opinion. It is a firm but smooth ride Majority of folks should be comfortable with the ride. I also believe my wife's '17 Forester absorbs road noise better than the OB.
I thought the same thing recently when I drove a 18 Forester. I thought the ride was smoother a little quieter than the 17 OB I drove. Can not comment on the 18 OB.

·
Premium Member
2020 Outback Premium
373 Posts
2015 OB ltd 2.5 to 2017 OB ltd 3.6

Went from 2015 OB ltd 2.5 to 2017 OB ltd 3.6. Both great cars. We do very much appreciate the 3.6, but were satisfied with the 2.5, just wanted to step it up a notch. Wind noise improved in the 17, thankfully. Absolutely no major complaints. Great car and car company. Will likely buy another Subaru down the road aways.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts