Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I was clipped by a snow plow causing slight cosmetic damage on the rear bumper (pictures below). The damage only occurred on the plastic, non-painted portion of the bumper; however, when I went to the Subaru dealer I was told I would have to replace the whole bumper. It appears there are bolts connecting the plastic portion to the painted portion and would like to confirm if the whole bumper needs to be replaced or not. Any insight is greatly appreciated!

best,

J

p.s. - submitting from iPhone; apologies for any formatting issues

Attachments

·
Registered
4,859 Posts
Bumper is one piece, some of it is black the rest is painted whatever color the rest of the car is painted. The attached piece there is the small rear mudguard.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bumper is one piece, some of it is black the rest is painted whatever color the rest of the car is painted. The attached piece there is the small rear mudguard.
Thanks for the reply! Obviously not what I was hoping to hear but helpful nonetheless.

·
Registered
2011 SSM Outback 2.5i Premium
2,045 Posts
Those bolts you see are just holding the mud flap. You'd have to crawl under to see the spot where you'd expect to see bolts connecting the 2 pieces of the bumper, which don't exist as noted above.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts