Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Outback Limited 2.5 w/ Eyesight
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So lately off and on I’ve noticed a repetitive squeaking noise coming from my dash vents. It seems to be coming more from the right side. I stopped by the dealer today for an oil change and as always it stopped making the noise for them to hear. Luckily I know to video these issues because this isn’t the first time I’ve heard strange noises from a vehicle that coincidentally stop when I need someone else to hear them to fix. They just came back and informed me the blower motor is going out. I did a forum search on here(mobile version) and it did not pull up any other posts/threads. Has anybody else had an issue with this?

·
Registered
2015 3.6R Limited w/ES
3,246 Posts
Mine got a little squeaky over it's first winter, with maybe 10k miles, but it was pretty hard to hear and would come and go. Luckily the dealer was able to hear it and it was replaced under warranty. With the recent arctic air we've been getting, I've again noticed an occasional noise from the blower (not a squeak, however) coming up on 50k miles, but nothing too concerning. Maybe these motors are just a little sensitive to cold weather.

·
Registered
2010/2016 outback
922 Posts
I heard a clicking from mine on low speeds when very cold. It would go away after awhile. Of course the dealer said -could not replicate noise so I guess if it fails before the warranty is up, great if not ,I guess it is a out of pocket expense. There seems to to much cost cutting going on these days......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts