Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
02 llbean h6, 16 legacy 2.5i
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have a 2016 Subaru Legacy 2.5 with 73000 miles on it, so of course it's out of warranty and recently it has been giving me issues removing the key from the ignition. I play with the shifter and turn key back and forth, sometimes have to start and shut it off again to get the darn key to turn back the whole way to release. Is there a switch going bad? Switched keys with my wife to see if that helped, it didn't! Anyway to disable this thing?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Limited 3.6R, Crystal White Pearl/Black Interior
104 Posts
Ok so I have a 2016 Subaru Legacy 2.5 with 73000 miles on it, so of course it's out of warranty and recently it has been giving me issues removing the key from the ignition. I play with the shifter and turn key back and forth, sometimes have to start and shut it off again to get the darn key to turn back the whole way to release. Is there a switch going bad? Switched keys with my wife to see if that helped, it didn't! Anyway to disable this thing?

Your key may be the culprit if you’ve been using the same one. Try a fresh key and report back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Limited 3.6R, Crystal White Pearl/Black Interior
104 Posts
Your key may be the culprit if you’ve been using the same one. Try a fresh key and report back.

Uh-oh, just noticed you already tried a different key

·
Registered
02 llbean h6, 16 legacy 2.5i
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Uh-oh, just noticed you already tried a different key

Some more details, it's definitely related to the shifter, sometimes taking it out of gear and back will then allow it to release

·
Registered
2015 Outback 2.5i Limited, Ice Silver/Black
2,116 Posts
Maybe try a little lock fluid. That's all I got.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts