Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am hoping someone on here can give me some tips on this OEM install of the H001SAL001 kit. I have used the instructions and they are really straight forward and the kit went in easily except for one thing. There is a step that says behind the fuse box there is a 2-pin and 4-pin connector secured with breakaway tape. I found the 2-pin connector with the jumper that is the window interrupt circuit but for the life of me I could not find the 4-pin one. I layed under the dash with my headlamp on for hours and could not find it. This is the last step before I dress it all in with zipties. Any help is appreciated.

BTW, cramming that harness in the steering column is no fun!

·
Registered
2018 Outback 3.6R Touring
6 Posts
Just installed this in a 2018 today. Found the 4-pin before seeing the 2-pin. The 4-pin was basically taped on the opposite side of the harness from the 2-pin. The 4-pin was taped on the side towards the fuse box and the 2-pin was on the firewall side.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm. I definitely think my car is missing it. It's not connected to anything just taped correct. Running out side to look again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found it! It was completely taped over unlike the 2-pin was able to free it up and finish by dressing it all in neat. Thanks for the help guys!

·
Registered
'18 Outback 3.6R Dark Blue Pearl
13 Posts
TRIPLE POSTING :)

Hi, I'd like to bump this conversation, as I am about to do my install myself and I'd like to ask for tips/tricks on removing the a-pillar since I definitely do not want to damage the side airbag. Do I go at it from the top portion of the trim and start prying? Also can someone please clairfy if I am removing the bolt to disconnect the battery cable? How is this different than removing the negative terminal from the post?

View attachment 496275

Everything else seems quite explanatory, I guess but any other tips/tricks would help as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts