Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Outback, 2.5L Engine, Limited with Nav
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 outback limited with eyesight. The HU screen is in the process of showing the touchscreen lines and making the display difficult to read. I have seen several posts about replacing the head unit - are there any less expensive ways to address this issue? Is SOA standing behind the product ? (Yes, I am out of warranty at 90K miles and 4 years old). Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2015 3.6R Limited w/ES
2,944 Posts
Yeah, haven't seen any recent discussion but there are several threads on this topic, all from years back. I'm not sure if the defective screen was ever actually fixed in production, or if they were just swapping out head units with new ones that would eventually have the same issue. Don't recall any reports of out-of-warranty repairs, so you or your dealer would have to inquire with SOA (worth a try, but I wouldn't hold my breath). I believe this is something an extended warranty would have covered. Mine is like that but it only occasionally bothers me - has to be in direct sunlight, in which case I just shade it with my hand.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
yep. Here was the bigger thread:

there was a TSB that addressed it mentioned in the thread- but it wasn't specifically for that problem. The TSB was a notice about "operational concerns" and how to spot check certain things to diagnose if there are problems or if it's simply "as designed". For the Basically says to replace the head unit.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Took a little bit of back and forth, and used the above TSB as "proof", but got mine replaced under extended warranty, 2015 model replaced early this year. I think the replacement model is slightly different - i recall reading that they had made some changes to "fix" this, but I'll let you know in a few years...

Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts