Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been having problem with the head unit, specifically the Navigation system. I went to the dealership and they checked the head unit, and cannot update the software. They decided to replace the head unit. The head unit just replaced. After a short drive, I noticed my phone is not connecting to the head unit and charging via USB. I tried both USB port with no luck. As I was driving down from Seattle to Portland the Navigation frozen again even turn on and off the car few times with no luck. I called Cater Subaru where I have my car service and wait for an reply. I was later told by the service person that there is "blind spot" for the navigation system along Interstate 5 that the satellite will cause it freeze. Has anyone in the Washington/Oregon happen to you? What kind of action I can do other than Best Buy and get a suction mount for my phone so I can use it as Navigation in the meantime.

從我的iPad使用Tapatalk 發送

·
Registered
2017 Outback 3.6 Touring, which replaced '05 Outback XT
903 Posts
The can be blind spots for GPS almost anywhere. If that were all it would take to cause the unit to lockup, then nav systems would be unusable. After all, people drive in and out of parking garages and tunnels without locking up their nav system. I think the service advisor is full of crap.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The can be blind spots for GPS almost anywhere. If that were all it would take to cause the unit to lockup, then nav systems would be unusable. After all, people drive in and out of parking garages and tunnels without locking up their nav system. I think the service advisor is full of crap.

This is the reply from Subaru

從我的iPad使用Tapatalk 發送

·
Registered
OBW H6 VDC, Tribeca, XT6
12,385 Posts
Just keep in touch with the dealer, they should make good on it.

Maybe the guy misheard or misunderstood, or lumped you in with the normal calls they get about similar issues, or they're just wrong - just keep moving on, never let one interaction be the start of the credits rolling.

that said - there have been blind spots in the mountains of my state. friends/family members try to follow GPS (we tell them not to use it to get to our house) to our home and get lost (cue the banjos) with no cell service, no people, no stores, no GPS....it's made for plenty of fun stories, but it's not funny when they're out hours at night and lost. then they get to our house and GPS just shows nothing or unavailable or otherwise confused.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts