Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone run into issues with a significant lean on the 2016 Outback driver leather seat? About a month ago, I noticed the seat had developed a significant squeak. Then a couple weeks ago, the squeak went away but I began to notice a significant lean to the left. It is bad enough that my back hurts after driving for an hour. I've tried sitting different, moving the seat, and not carrying my wallet.

I took it to the dealer to look at the seat. They claimed they sat in another 2016 and that there was absolutely no difference. After half a day of arguing, they agreed there was an issue and replaced the frame. The frame was not the issue and the seat still leans.

Anyone run into something similar? The car only has 25k which is early for a seat to be going. I have another appointment for them to take a second look.

·
Registered
2015 Outback LTD 2.5
1,046 Posts
You shouldn't have to argue with any dealer..........call SOA and tell them what happened in a calm, concise manner.

The seat issue is more than just a comfort gripe.........the seat is part of the car's safety system and ANY physical concern is not to be taken lightly by you, the dealer or the manufacturer.....

Be sure to update your post after SOA "fixes" the dealer's seat......as in with the application of a firm kick in the arse.

Steve

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had the lumbar support bust loose which caused me sit incorrectly.
I had the same thing on a previous car. The one of the clips holding the wire busted and was an easy fix. Unfortunately this doesn't seem to be an easy (cheap) fix.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You shouldn't have to argue with any dealer..........call SOA and tell them what happened in a calm, concise manner.
That is my next step. I had a good discussion with the service manager earlier today and they are going to take another look since it wasn't the frame. My ass tells me that it is something in the seat cushioning/spring.

·
Registered
Outback 3.6R
62 Posts
I have this same issue too (2016 OB). The seat leans slightly to the left ever since I've had it. I guess I just got used to it, but would like to get it fixed. Please update if you get some resolution from SOA.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Second trip to the dealer was not the charm. They found the foam in the back had shifted which was causing issues with the lumbar. They fixed that which made the back feel a little better, but the seat bottom still leans to the left and isn't right. I realized that the surface of the seat is starting to crease where the issue is, though the dealer still can't seem to find the problem. I called SOA and they are looking into it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts