Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 outback limited 2.5i. I am wanting to mount light bars and/or other off-road lights to my car and was wondering if anyone has experience/suggestions on how i should. I would prefer to have a bull bar or grill guard on the front so if anyone knows of one please let me know. If not, maybe mounting them to a roof rack? Any suggestions help. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2020 Onyx
17,689 Posts
Unless you truly need the lights to be mounted up high (like driving through tall grass) the @Diode Dynamics SS3 lights are amazing and can be fitted to the OE fog light locations. They come in SAE driving, and SAE fog configurations, but they also have an off-road flood light that I'm not sure if they can include in the kit. SS3 LED Fog Light Kit for 2013-2019 Subaru Outback

You can definitely get their pods for use as a mountable pod wherever.

Rally Innovations makes bars for the Outback:

·
Registered
2015 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium
7 Posts
I added some small LED spotlights to the front of my 2015 Outback by mounting them on a number plate bracket. I didn't think it'd be that strong but it's actually fairly secure, even though it's only attached to the plastic bumper. I did this instead of a nudge bar because I didn't want to spend too much and also because it was meant to be a fairly basic lockdown project for when I was stuck at home a few months ago (didn't want to take the whole bumper off). I originally got the idea from this website
https://www.outsideonline.com/outdoor-gear/cars-trucks/best-way-add-driving-lights-normal-car/
Hope that gives some ideas.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ran it up the windshield and under the rack

More or less this:

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Thanks again. I had not found this bunch of solid YouTube videos on roof wiring for aux lighting.
Triggering on the high beams is one good approach. (I do not have auto high beams).
My primary use is in/out trailering of a small boat - so I need the lights primarily in the back.

I may follow one of the great videos you pointed to and try to run the wiring to a weather-proof connector inmy '17 Subaru Outback plastic/rubber roof rack.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.