Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2019 2.5i Limited
546 Posts
I would take that problem to the dealer. It maybe a torque converter or valve body problem. Nothing for shade tree mechanics.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,487 Posts
dealer time, and they may want to flat bed it in, as this makes it unsafe to drive.

(like you could buy the farm, on the way to the dealer, when that 50,000lb truck expects you to get out of the way ).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DMWARNER: It sounds similar but I don’t get my foot to the gas pedal. When I take my foot off the brake the car jumps. Calling dealer first thing tomorrow.

·
Registered
2016 OB Limited Eyesight 2.5i
136 Posts
DMWARNER: It sounds similar but I don’t get my foot to the gas pedal. When I take my foot off the brake the car jumps. Calling dealer first thing tomorrow.
My problem, whatever it was, led to Dunning Subaru putting in a reman CVT. No problems since then.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The dealer was aware of the issue and downloaded a software upgrade that was released in Jan, 2017 to specifically address the lurching issue. Been two days and do far no reoccurrence of the issue. They also downloaded a software upgrade that addresses battery voltage and rough idle when AC is running.

·
Registered
2019 2.5i Limited
546 Posts
The dealer was aware of the issue and downloaded a software upgrade that was released in Jan, 2017 to specifically address the lurching issue. Been two days and do far no reoccurrence of the issue. They also downloaded a software upgrade that addresses battery voltage and rough idle when AC is running.

That sounds good. Let us know how if goes over the next few weeks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My question is, if Subaru knows it is a potential issue on a certain model why not install the update whenever they have to vehicle in for service. Why wait until the owner finds the problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts