Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gang, when I operate the right front passenger window from the drivers side it goes up all the way then bounces back half way. I have to inch it up to full close. Right front passenger window seems to go inop..any ideas?

·
Registered
'15 Outback 2.5i Premium
2,500 Posts
If you had the battery disconnected for any reason, or it went completely dead, you will have to re-initialize the auto-close windows. The procedure is simple and is in your owner's manual. Initialization of power window procedure is on page 2-36 in the Doors and Windows section of the manual for the 2015 model year. Yours will probably be close to that page number.

Start with that, even if you don't think it should be necessary, and please let us know if that solves your problem or not. For the front passenger window, do the procedure from the passenger seat.

·
Registered
2015 Outback 3.6r
33 Posts
I've had same issue in my 2015. I took it to the dealer they "fixed" it by replacing the relay motor. The window was up to its old tricks again a few weeks later. I have basically given up on getting it fixed for the meantime, but I am going to the dealer this weekend so Ill likely bring it up. I started a thread awhile back about this issue. One guy said something about using a silicone based lube on the window seal to decrease friction. I think the issue with mine is that the window is not perfectly aligned with the receiving groove at the top. That misalignment sets of the sensor that says" somethings in the way" and it rolls back down. I did not use the silicone thing yet, but if i wipe the minute grime in the window groove it improves, slightly. Keep us updated.

·
Registered
2015 Outback 3.6R, Tungsten Metallic, Black Rhino Boxers, BF Goodrich KO'2,Chrome tips, yellow lamin-x fog light film.
105 Posts
Had the same issue one a 2015, so the first time the service adviser said it was battery related (I had the battery replaced and the problem went away).. for a while.
Fast forward a few months and the problem is back. Very intermittent. I've spoken to him and he says it may be dirt on the track, Got an oil change coming up so will have him look at it when it goes in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts