Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited with Tech & Eyesight
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Need your expertise for my 2016 Outback 3.6R add-a-circuit in my interior fuse box.

I'm not sure if the add-a-circuit after it is plugged back in should be facing up or down?

I have it facing down right now (see picture link below).
Zenfolio | Jace Photography | Personal - Public-photos | Photo 1

Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
2006 Outback Sedan LLBean
626 Posts
Don't think it matters. What ever is most convenient for access to the fuses near it, and for your wiring needs. It's electricity, not water. It won't spill.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2006 Outback Sedan LLBean
626 Posts
I went through this when installing a Dashcam. I figured it out by staring at it for a minute and seeing how the circuits flow. The add-a-circuit will work in both orientations, but only one is correct.

Here's some useful info:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/piggy-back-fuseholders-a-right-way-and-a-wrong-way.7524/
I thought the OP meant just weather it was pointed up or down. That shouldn't matter, but yes the flow of electricity has to be flowing thru the original fuse then to the piggy back. Otherwise you could draw more current than the original circuit is capable of handling.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts