Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two months ago we had water leaking on the passenger side column during heavy rain. Brought to dealer and they said it was the sunroof drainage. I’ve owned plenty of cars in the past and never had this issue. But figured okay. Four days ago during heavy rain it happened again. Brought to dealer and said it can’t be the drainage. They claimed it appears to be a leak from the windshield. Asked me if I ever replaced it. Then said they have to go back to Subaru and get approval to either fix or replace. Two issues here, 1) has anyone else had this problem? And 2) I should definitely ask the dealer to refund me the charges for cleaning the drainage since it wasn’t the drainage that caused the leak. Right?

·
Registered
'18 OB 2.5 Ltd, No Eyesight, No Nav
2,829 Posts
Two months ago we had water leaking on the passenger side column during heavy rain. Brought to dealer and they said it was the sunroof drainage. I’ve owned plenty of cars in the past and never had this issue. But figured okay. Four days ago during heavy rain it happened again. Brought to dealer and said it can’t be the drainage. They claimed it appears to be a leak from the windshield. Asked me if I ever replaced it. Then said they have to go back to Subaru and get approval to either fix or replace. Two issues here, 1) has anyone else had this problem? And 2) I should definitely ask the dealer to refund me the charges for cleaning the drainage since it wasn’t the drainage that caused the leak. Right?
I am surprised they diagnosed the issue correctly (apparently). How did everything work out?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts