Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Outback 3.6R
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, push button, nothing. Battery very dead. I had no way to get to a Subaru dealer. Found a 750CCA battery at the Interstate Battery store near me. $174. Bought, replaced, works. Now... I have a 7 year, 100,000K Subaru gold extended warrant on the vehicle (23K miles). But... there is no obvious place or email or ??? to place a claim. I went to SOA and entered the generic "support" field, filled out "stuff"... but don't know if this is the correct place. Where do you file a claim?
Insights appreciated. Thank you !!!

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
unfortunately, the battery isn't covered in the extended warranty. Only under the new car warranty.

·
Registered
2017 Outback 3.6R
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I received an email back from Amber at Subaru of America. She noted that the battery is not normally covered but as a gesture of goodwill they will reimburse me for the replacement cost. Should be getting a check in 7-10 business days. Can't ask for much more than that.

·
Registered
2017 Outback 3.6R
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just received another email from SOA. Check processed for the full amount of the battery. Check mailed. "Customer Service" is alive and well.

·
Registered
2017 Outback 3.6R
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check received from Subaru of America for the full amount. Very timely. Well done, Subaru !

·
Registered
2010 Outback 3.6R 2014 Legacy 2.5i 2003 Legacy L special edition (retired to backup)
930 Posts
unfortunately, the battery isn't covered in the extended warranty. Only under the new car warranty.
that depends upon level of coverage purchased. When I got my extended warranty it was the Gold one and that was the same as the factory bumper to bumper warranty.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
that depends upon level of coverage purchased. When I got my extended warranty it was the Gold one and that was the same as the factory bumper to bumper warranty.
that's incorrect. The main battery is not covered under any extended warranty from Subaru. Here is page two out of the Subaru Added Security Service Agreement. The first part explicitly excludes the battery, then, in the section detailing what the Gold Plus Upgrade covers, the battery is explicitly excluded (this has been discussed elsewhere on the forum).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts