Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from Denver, Colorado. New to the Forum after lurking for 2+years.

Wife has 2015 2.5 premium, we bought another Outback recently 3.6R Limited.

Lost power for a split second on the highway, all the dash light came on. Took it to the dealership Bank 2 sensor needs to be replaced....didn't see that happening on a new outback since wife has not have any issues...:frown2:

Attachments

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,308 Posts
I would like them to find out why you lost power.

vs. why they want to change a sensor. (which seems to have caused a check engine light ...possibly BECAUSE you lost power).

Reactions: 5280subie

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got the vehicle back, running normal. Hopefully mileage improves since I was hovering around 16mpg (city and highway mixed) Here is what the dealer found out. Emailed SOA on their website, so hopefully this issue is recorded somewhere.

Attachments

·
On the Super Mod Squad
26,308 Posts
Got the vehicle back, running normal. Hopefully mileage improves since I was hovering around 16mpg (city and highway mixed) Here is what the dealer found out. Emailed SOA on their website, so hopefully this issue is recorded somewhere.
was that a loss of electrical power?

or one big miss of the engine? such can be from a o2 sensor..... and when those are bad they can also cause low mpg. ...the kind of o2 sensor that runs the whole car with its poor data.

I guess one could have one with a nick in a wire from the factory,...or some other kind of defect, or was popping out of the exhaust.
...and it would hopefully become a known thing shortly after ownership. (a good thing... happy it did not happen on the pikes peak road on race day)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
was that a loss of electrical power?

or one big miss of the engine? such can be from a o2 sensor..... and when those are bad they can also cause low mpg. ...the kind of o2 sensor that runs the whole car with its poor data.

I guess one could have one with a nick in a wire from the factory,...or some other kind of defect, or was popping out of the exhaust.
...and it would hopefully become a known thing shortly after ownership. (a good thing... happy it did not happen on the pikes peak road on race day)

It was almost like stalling for a second...I don't think the Outback would make it to race day any day.....6cylinder is like a moving a tank...our 2.5 is peppier up front.

·
Registered
2017 3.6 limited Outback
63 Posts
Sounds like the O2 sensor was seeing nothing but O2 in the exhaust so it dumped fuel to get the reading up to specs. Needless to say that is not a good thing, although slightly better than the O2 sensor seeing not enough O2 and leaning it out.
Sensors can go bad, be faulty have homely children.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
26,308 Posts
It was almost like stalling for a second...I don't think the Outback would make it to race day any day.....6cylinder is like a moving a tank...our 2.5 is peppier up front.

longboarder = @LNGBRDNPWDR (who will someday, change his name to just plain longboarder ).

with a 2013 3.6 currently with raptor headers, and before christmas a raptor supercharger. may suggest otherwise.

here parked under the no parking sign on loveland pass,...in front of @traildogck's turbo Francine.:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Having driven both I'm not sure I understand. My 3.6r is far torquier and faster when passing and climbing than the 2.5. Yours has a problem if the 2.5 is quicker.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
longboarder = @LNGBRDNPWDR (who will someday, change his name to just plain longboarder ).

with a 2013 3.6 currently with raptor headers, and before christmas a raptor supercharger. may suggest otherwise.

here parked under the no parking sign on loveland pass,...in front of @traildogck's turbo Francine.:

]
Awesome shot! Cant wait for the white powder and for a good dump this year :grin2:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Having driven both I'm not sure I understand. My 3.6r is far torquier and faster when passing and climbing than the 2.5. Yours has a problem if the 2.5 is quicker.
I am hoping getting O2 replaced will start seeing some positive changes in mpg and driving.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts