Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Limited with Eyesight
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy-

When I first bought my 2017 OB this past summer I was impressed by all the technology (first car with BSD, Eyesight, RCTA, Etc.)
I am still very thankful for these features. My issue is I could have sworn that in addition to flashing lights in the side mirrors the car would give an audible tone warning when you signal to turn and a car is in the blind area. Recently they have only been blinking with no beep. I have read the threads on this topic but they were all for 2015 or older. I have also checked my settings and the audible alarm for BSD is on. Am I going crazy or is something wrong with the system? Thanks

Just to be clear I always look over my shoulder (s) and check before turning anyway. I do not rely on this technology but it can be helpful in some situations.

Semper Fi

·
Registered
2017 OutBack Premier, 2019 Forester Ltd, 2016 370z Rdstr
717 Posts
Usmc1968,

I have all of the same toys on my 2017 OutBack Premier. After several weeks of ownership, I decided to sit down one day with the Owner's Manual and set the various systems to what I felt was necessary and wouldn't drive me crazy. The constant alarms, beeps and bloops were really annoying in some instances.

When it came to the Blind Spot Monitor setting, as I recall, there were three possible beep volumes. I selected the lowest volume possible because the bright flashing warning light in the mirror catches my attention enough. To be in the center lane of a three lane highway being passed by cars on both sides and have that loud beeping constantly would be much too distracting in my opinion.

This YouTube video takes you through the various settings for the Impreza and the OutBack, both being slightly different. Skip to 3:38 in the video for the OutBack:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input gbhrps!

I have adjusted all those settings correctly. It just does not beep when the blinker is on and a car is in the BSD zone (that has saved me a few times when folks like to dart in and out of traffic). Anyhoo I will have the dealer check it out when I go for my free oil change in a few weeks.

Semper Fi

·
Registered
2013 O.B. and 2018 O.B.
100 Posts
I have an 18 with all the trick stuff too. Works great and is a very nice safety feature. Perhaps you should adjust yours and choose factory settings, see what that does, then adjust each feature to your taste.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Stevecapt- I tried that as well to no avail. Very strange because all the other beeps (lane departure, obstacle warning, backup, etc.) work just fine. It is just the BSD.

Semper Fi

1 - 5 of 5 Posts