Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
'17 Outback 2.5 Limited
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to have the Subaru remote starter installed into my 2017 OB. I can't find anywhere any discussion of how much the dealer charges.

So what did you pay (all included) to have a remote starter installed into your 2017 OB?

Marc

·
Registered
MY17 2.5i Limited
37 Posts
Included in the deal. Only used it a time or two but winter is coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 Impreza STI, 2017 Legacy 3.6R
7 Posts
$330 for the kit, and $60 to have the dealer activate the remote start system, after installing it myself. It was pretty easy, and I love working on brand new cars, all the nuts and bolts are clean and come right off.

(Was in a 2017 Legacy 3.6R, but installation is the same as the Outback)

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5i Limited Eyesight - Remote Start - Auto Dimming In/Outside Mirrors
251 Posts
Dealer quoted me $599.

·
Registered
2016 2.5i Outback, 2002 Audi S4 Avant, 1980 CB750F Supersport, 1985 Carrera 3.2
568 Posts
I was quoted somewhere around $550 for parts and install. Ended up buying a kit on eBay for $220 (+$40 for dealer activation) and installed myself.

·
Registered
2015 Subaru Outback Premium 2.5i
319 Posts
I hate the subaru remote starter. Nothing but problems for me. Usually takes me two plus attempts to get my vehicle to start, even with the keys directly on top of my hood. Wish I spent my money in an aftermarket unit with better range, reliability and that didn't shut off when a door opened. I paid 500

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 Outback Touring Pearl White
37 Posts
I hate the subaru remote starter. Nothing but problems for me. Usually takes me two plus attempts to get my vehicle to start, even with the keys directly on top of my hood. Wish I spent my money in an aftermarket unit with better range, reliability and that didn't shut off when a door opened. I paid 500

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk
2017 comes with the additional long range fob. It works great. You have to carry an extra fob, but you probably have to do that with the aftermarket one, too.

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5i Limited Eyesight - Remote Start - Auto Dimming In/Outside Mirrors
251 Posts
Dealer quoted me $599.

With that being said I did get the dealer to install it at “dealer cost” (or so the dealer told me) at purchase of the vehicle for $299.

So you definitely can try to shop around or try to get a deal.

·
Registered
'17 Outback 2.5 Limited
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just called around to different dealerships in my area and got a range of prices from $581 - $695.
one dealership suggested calling back in a couple weeks as he expects a promotion for remote starters around thanksgiving.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts