Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We bought this 2017 Subaru Outback for my wife, and got delivery on her birthday. We signed all the Finance documents in Finance office and went outside to receive the car. Upon observing everything, we noticed 7 paint chips on the car (Door, rear fender by the light, front hood) including very small ding on the front bumper which they put 3M film on it. So, I made an objection on it and said this is unacceptable for the brand new car and realized that even the Sales person ( Old guy in his 60s) wasn't aware of this.

However, Sales Person and General sales manager assured us that we will get this fixed. So he made us book an appointment. I know we made a mistake driving it off the lot but we were too excited to get it on our birthday. WE brought in next morning as we did not want to drive more.

At this point of time we have signed everything including all the documents. Next day we get a call that paint and scratch repair guys cannot fix it and we will send it to autobody to fix it fully and will even reapply clear coat all over if needed and will make it spotless. It has been a week already and today they sent me an email that they are gonna start working on it soon and should be done by early next week. So, which means I will get my brand new cars after 2 weeks. Meanwhile they have given me a Loaner but we just don't feel good about all this inconvenience. I don't know what I can do about it. Should I ask to make it quick - but then I dont want them to rush or anything. Can I ask for compensation ? How ?

Also, this is the last model left for that trim and that color and whole Canada. So I don't know what more are the dealerships allowed to do in this case ? Any help / advise is appreciated. Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
2015 Legacy 3.6R ES, 2014 Forester Touring ES, 2005 Jeep Liberty Limited
3,243 Posts
They gave you a loner, you should not feel inconvenience also they are keeping you informed of the progress. I call that good customer service.

Laughing at oneself and with others is good for the Soul!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Thanks for reminding me to look over car before signing anything :)

Hope they do a good job. I'd be pissed if my new car needed panels & doors painted.

·
Registered
2018 Dark Blue Outback 3.6R Touring arrived 8/31/2017
343 Posts
I'm picking up my 2018 3.6r Touring tomorrow night after work: even before I saw this thread, I had decided to do a video recorded inspection to document its condition, and I'll make that available to the dealership as well. It's my understanding my car was sent first to a dealership in Oregon, and they drove it up here because it was a close enough match to what I wanted, and knowing reality, there may be cosmetic issues from the trip. On the other hand, the advantage of them driving it 200 miles first is they should catch obvious mechanical issues if they exist.

Never sign for something sight unseen/untested this expensive ?

·
Registered
2016 Outback 3.6R EyeSight, 20mm RSB, STB, 2" ECOhitch
627 Posts
Wait, you didn't look at or drive your new car prior to the paperwork? I didn't think that was legal. How many miles were on your new car when you picked it up? My car had 2 miles on it when we did the test acceptance drive, I did a walkaround when we first saw it. The salesman had me drive to a gas station where he filled the tank, it arrived almost empty. Then onto the highway and through some city streets to get back to the dealer. Then we went in to do the paperwork. All this was initiated by the salesman.

If I had found the car in the condition of yours I would not have taken it. Probably would not have even accepted it after the repairs. It is supposed to be a NEW car. If you were buying a demo then I would understand and be more flexible.

·
Banned
6,264 Posts
Sounds like an opportunity for a learned lesson and reminder to always check things out completely before signing for them.
+1.......should not have taken delivery if not pleased with the condition.

If the dealer is making repairs and providing a loaner not sure why the OP is asking about compensation. I don't see where they have been damaged.

Reactions: jdog1
1 - 7 of 7 Posts