Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Outback 2.5i Limited w/ EyeSight - Lapis Blue Pearl
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all

We have a 2017 Outback Limited, with the 7" Starlink/Nav unit. This afternoon while my wife was driving, the unit appeared to go into a boot-up sequence, and stayed in a loop. It would appear to be loading for about 5-10 minutes, then the display would just go dark for another 10-15 minutes, then display the "boot-up" sequence again for a period of time, and continue that cycle. None of the hard / soft buttons would cause any response. Placing the car in reverse would cause the back-up camera to be displayed, as expected.

I'll call the dealer tomorrow, to see when they can look at the car. We're heading out for a 4-day road trip on Wednesday, it'd be a bummer to have no Nav or Audio during the trip.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
Todd

Attachments

·
Registered
1999 30th Anniversary Legacy Outback DOHC 2.5L 4EAT, 2008 Impreza WRX 2.5L 5MT, 2008 Impreza Wagon 2.5L 4EAT
1,224 Posts
Dealer hopefully will be best option. If a reflash of the software fixes it things are good, if not a new unit may need to be ordered. I believe you would still be under warranty?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dealer hopefully will be best option. If a reflash of the software fixes it things are good, if not a new unit may need to be ordered. I believe you would still be under warranty?
Hi, Miker.

Correct, still under warranty. I'll be going to the dealer first thing Monday, hopefully, quick and easy fix.

·
Premium Member
2007 2.5 L Obsidian Black Outback XTL
603 Posts
You could try to disconnect the battery for 10-15 minutes, it might clear the problem up enough for you to take your vacation and get back, then let the dealer fix the unit.

Of course it will mean that you would need to re-do the electric window settings and maybe the rear-hatch electric opening level.

At the worst, it does nothing to fix the problem but does not make it any worse.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just a quick follow-up...

The local dealer checked out the head unit and determined it needs to be replaced, so they ordered one. Unfortunately, it likely won't arrive before we leave on our road trip, but I guess that means my wife and I will have plenty of quality time together in the car to actually talk to one another. Weird!

·
Premium Member
2007 2.5 L Obsidian Black Outback XTL
603 Posts
One thousand bottles of beer on the wall, thousand bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, nine hundred and ninety nine bottles of beer on the wall...

Reactions: western_rider's_dad
1 - 6 of 6 Posts