Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way to have control over which phone connects to bluetooth when two or more registered phones are in the car when it starts? The manual on bluetooth connections is, in a word, awful. For reason, my phone always seems to be the connected phone when we drive together -- but it's her car. There ought to be some way to connect her's by default if it's present.

·
Premium Member
2020 Onyx
13,492 Posts
If the connection consistently defaults to your phone then either the car is defaulting to the first phone that was registered, or the last. I'd try purging both phones from the car and starting from scratch with hers first, then yours, and seeing which it defaults to, and if the result isn't what you want, try start again from scratch with yours first and then hers.

At least on Android I delete the car from my phone as well, before I re-do the bluetooth pairing thing to start from a clean slate on both the car and the phone.

Reactions: DanielAcosta

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for responding. We will try this. But you'd think that this would be documented someplace. It seems like such a simple, obvious feature to implement: at startup, phone #1 always has priority if present; otherwise, go to phone 2, if present. Instead, it feels like a crapshoot. There must be some algorithm that the system follows, but it's a mystery. I know 2017 isn't 2020, but it wasn't that long ago, and to have such a "dumb" UI is inexcusable, at least to me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts