Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed this split on my dash of my 2017 Outback. I'm not aware of any reason it happened, other than maybe heat. Has any body else had a similar incident?

Thanks, Steve

Attachments

·
Banned
6,270 Posts
Unusual spot for a heat related crack. Looks more like a cut.

·
Registered
2017 Outback Limited
136 Posts
I think a cut too. Not sure what would be the cause but does not look heat related as nothing near it seems heat discolored.

·
Registered
2017 Outback 3.6R Limited
28 Posts
Yea, looks more like an accidental cut... Maybe it wasn't you, maybe it happened during service/pre-delivery at dealership, or some worker at a factory accidentally did that. Was probably barely visible when it was first made and just expanded into this over time.

You can try going to the dealer and blame it on factory defect/damage, though most likely the dealer will try to dismiss it and blame it on you.

·
Registered
2015 Outback LTD 2.5
1,046 Posts
Definitely a knife or other bladed tool. Note how the "skin" has pulled up as the blade was withdrawn?

Did you leave the car somewhere with the fob as in a dealer?

Big problem, very hard to fix well so it'll be invisible.......

Sorry, I'd stare at the thing every time I was in the car..........maybe the emotional injury will fade over time? You might want to get it "fixed" or otherwise mitigated so the skin doesn't keep curling up?

Steve

·
Registered
205 Posts
Keep it from spreading.

If it were me I'd find a little emblem like a Stealie or a peace sign and epoxy it smack on top with whatever will hold to that dash like cement and call it a day.

Car decoration.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts