Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Outback 3.6R Limited
28 Posts
Yea, looks more like an accidental cut... Maybe it wasn't you, maybe it happened during service/pre-delivery at dealership, or some worker at a factory accidentally did that. Was probably barely visible when it was first made and just expanded into this over time.

You can try going to the dealer and blame it on factory defect/damage, though most likely the dealer will try to dismiss it and blame it on you.

·
Registered
2015 Outback LTD 2.5
1,045 Posts
Definitely a knife or other bladed tool. Note how the "skin" has pulled up as the blade was withdrawn?

Did you leave the car somewhere with the fob as in a dealer?

Big problem, very hard to fix well so it'll be invisible.......

Sorry, I'd stare at the thing every time I was in the car..........maybe the emotional injury will fade over time? You might want to get it "fixed" or otherwise mitigated so the skin doesn't keep curling up?

Steve

·
Registered
205 Posts
Keep it from spreading.

If it were me I'd find a little emblem like a Stealie or a peace sign and epoxy it smack on top with whatever will hold to that dash like cement and call it a day.

Car decoration.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.