Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, this is probably a really dumb question so forgive a newbie. My 2017 Outback with eyesight was parked and locked in the driveway and the headlights came on (no horn) at 9PM (dark) and stayed on for 30 seconds. I was not near a remote but a family member had a remote in her pocket. I tried all the remote keys except the alarm and could not get the lights to come on. I know there is a simple answer to this and, again, I apologize for missing the obvious but it's driving me crazy! Can anyone explain the event. Many thanks! :|

·
Registered
2016 Limited 2.5 silver Eyesight
1,221 Posts
Ok, this is probably a really dumb question so forgive a newbie. My 2017 Outback with eyesight was parked and locked in the driveway and the headlights came on (no horn) at 9PM (dark) and stayed on for 30 seconds. I was not near a remote but a family member had a remote in her pocket. I tried all the remote keys except the alarm and could not get the lights to come on. I know there is a simple answer to this and, again, I apologize for missing the obvious but it's driving me crazy! Can anyone explain the event. Many thanks! :|

Maybe you have set On. For approach lighting.

Mine set for interior light as i approach car.

bill p. Albany area NY. 2016 silver 2.5 limited. Eyesight.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
D-o-o-o-h. I knew this was dumb. Apparently, the remote keyfob turns on the headlights when the unlock command is sent. Even though she was far from the vehicle, she must have accidentally depressed the button on the remote and turned on the headlights. My bad. Sorry!

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
27,165 Posts
D-o-o-o-h. I knew this was dumb. Apparently, the remote keyfob turns on the headlights when the unlock command is sent. Even though she was far from the vehicle, she must have accidentally depressed the button on the remote and turned on the headlights. My bad. Sorry!

plenty of fobs doing that in pockets/ coats/ purses, ...glad it did not kill the battery as others have detailed on this board.

not sure what kind of "great" technological advance key-less fobs are,....if you have to wrap them in aluminum foil like a candy bar to keep the head lights/ interior lights from reacting when not intended.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts