Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello All,
I have a 2017 outback, bought in December 2016, spent most of January at dealer to resolve tailgate not working. Replace one sensor along edge of tailgate. I just stopped using it until I returned home. Finally in February, returned to dealer of purchase and had a reset done by service. Tailgate was OK until recently, tailgate is not working all the time when temperature outside hits around the 50 degree mark, will not open using inside button, tailgate button, key fob, just beeps once, sometimes pops once, recloses then next time will work. Have been back to dealer 2 times this week and worked while there. They have no ideas, check the mat in back and make sure it is away from the tailgate. If manually opened the close button on the tailgate closes OK. Any idea why so temperature sensitive. Worked well all summer, not well since cooler temperatures have arrived. Any better ideas are welcome. To make sure rear mat is not the problem, added 2 spacers about 1/2" thick to each rear corner to keep mat away from tailgate. Any other ideas, let me know!?!?!?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.