Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5L Chrystal Black Silica
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, is anyone other than me not happy with the TomTom Navigation system on the Outback? I think that background colors and the actual color the vehicle and the plotted destination is difficult to see. In the middle of a destination I sometimes get a re-plotted course. Lately, I am having an issue where the 'Destination' icon is dimmed out not allowing me to input a route.

Is there anyway to 'reboot' just the nav system without having to stop and restart the car? Frankly, I find myself using Google Maps and Siri on my iPhone instead of my cars system. I love the Subaru Outback; the nav system, not so much.

·
Registered
2016 Outback Limited 3.6R
75 Posts
First, is anyone other than me not happy with the TomTom Navigation system on the Outback? I think that background colors and the actual color the vehicle and the plotted destination is difficult to see. In the middle of a destination I sometimes get a re-plotted course. Lately, I am having an issue where the 'Destination' icon is dimmed out not allowing me to input a route.

Is there anyway to 'reboot' just the nav system without having to stop and restart the car? Frankly, I find myself using Google Maps and Siri on my iPhone instead of my cars system. I love the Subaru Outback; the nav system, not so much.
I personally don't like the NAV feature of my car. It wasn't something that I cared about, but it came with a car that had everything else I wanted. I always use google maps on my phone over nav in my car. I do like the fact that with the NAV should I be in a place where I don't have cell service, I will still have a map that isn't reliant on data to be able to render a map. And I do agree with you though, the NAV in the car is horrible if you ask me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts