Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Outback Premium 2.5i
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

This is the first Subbie that I can't silence for late night campground access. The multi information display allows you to shut off the hazard lights for the remote access lock/unlock but not the beeping. That's not so bad, we just have to use the key instead.

But the power lift tailgate on this one beeps and flashes no matter what. I'm guessing the beeper is a tiny speaker soldered onto a circuit board in the tailgate that can be muffled or disabled altogether. It's not the end of the world, just one of those things that I'd much rather have quiet after dark.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hi folks,

This is the first Subbie that I can't silence for late night campground access. The multi information display allows you to shut off the hazard lights for the remote access lock/unlock but not the beeping. That's not so bad, we just have to use the key instead.

But the power lift tailgate on this one beeps and flashes no matter what. I'm guessing the beeper is a tiny speaker soldered onto a circuit board in the tailgate that can be muffled or disabled altogether. It's not the end of the world, just one of those things that I'd much rather have quiet after dark.
I'd like to know this one too

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 Outback Premium 2.5i
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So here's what I've been told... the beeper in the tailgate is not something you can disconnect. If you do, the operation of the tailgate will stop working. On my 2014 Forester (Limited) you could easily operate the tailgate manually if you didn't want to wait for the motor to slowly lift/lower the door. However, on the 2017 Outback this is clearly not an option.

I smell lawyers/lawsuits/liability at play here. Taking away 2 nice features of previous models just doesn't make sense. Someone must have bumped their head...

·
Premium Member
2019 Outback 3.6R Limited Magnelite Grey and loaded; '98 Legacy Outback Limited MT-53,150 miles!
198 Posts
You can turn off the audio warning beepers. Read the manual. It's in settings, personalization settings if I remember it right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts