Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Subaru Outback Touring
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all:

I drive a 2017 Outback Touring for nearly a year & before that a 2013 Outback Ltd. Both of them are in my opinion very well made vehicles. However, they both ride/ rode like heavy duty trucks just like my father's service truck, a Jeep 3/4 ton p/u. Is there anything I can have done to soften the ride. If it can be done the car would be, again in my opinion, an excellent riding vehicle.

Thanks in advance, Vince

·
Registered
considering buying Outback
82 Posts
Hello to all:

I drive a 2017 Outback Touring for nearly a year & before that a 2013 Outback Ltd. Both of them are in my opinion very well made vehicles. However, they both ride/ rode like heavy duty trucks just like my father's service truck, a Jeep 3/4 ton p/u. Is there anything I can have done to soften the ride. If it can be done the car would be, again in my opinion, an excellent riding vehicle.

Thanks in advance, Vince
Learn what they did differently in the 2018 and try to get yours dialed in the same same. I understand it's a mild tuning difference but it rides nice yet is still a solid feel over rough terrain

·
Registered
'17 Outback 3.6R Limited, '05 Forester
121 Posts
Interesting that you feel that the Outback rides like a truck. Maybe it is just perception on my part, but I had a '99 Durango before which is just an SUV on a truck frame. Compared to that, the Outback just floats. I wonder if I came from a soft sprung car if I would have felt the same as you.

I don't know the answer to your question but if you do find a solution, please do share it here. I'm sure there are others who are looking for the same mod. Thanks.

·
Registered
2017 Outback 3.6 Touring, which replaced '05 Outback XT
886 Posts
Set the tire pressures to what is on the door frame sticker. If you let the lube monkey at the dealer check the tire pressure, they are likely over inflated which will ride harder.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm sorry but I have 3, 3/4 trucks sitting in my driveway as well as an SUV and my 2017 outback... For me to say my outbacks ride is at all even remotely close to any of the trucks would sound absolutely ridiculous. And 2 of the trucks ride much, MUCH better than they did factory lol.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts