Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning!

Is there anyone on the forum that has had nothing but problems with their Outback? It has been in shop at least 10 to 12 times each time it has taken days to resolve the problems. This time and the 3 times before it has been a shake and rattle in the front end they cannot seem to find the answer to it they have had it for 4 days this time with so far no answer. Just want to know if anyone else has had the problem or heard of this type of problem?

Is there such a thing as the Lemon Law anymore?

Thanks to every one!

Khris

·
Registered
2010 Outback 3.6R 2014 Legacy 2.5i 2003 Legacy L special edition (retired to backup)
1,257 Posts
they can put the car on a lift and do some basic diag on it... problem with most car manufacturers is they are having a heck of a time getting qualified techs. Try finding someone that knows about the 3.6L flat 6...

mileage on car?

also hard to get lemon law on a 4 model year old car. most areas are 1/yr x miles and some are for factory bumper to bumper period only.. you will need to consult a lemon law attorney.

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Depends on your jurisdiction. Whether you bought it new or used. If new you may have waited too long.

·
Registered
2014 Outback premium
16 Posts
The problem is not the car, it's who you are taking it to. Find someone else to go to for diag, service, repairs, etc.

I firmly agree with this. Everything is fixable. Only, finding a competent person is always the issue. We had a new Honda and took it repeatedly to the dealer because of a recurring CEL. After numerous attempts and failure to fix it, the service writer told me to just ignore it. I came unglued. I said "Do you know how long it took me to train my wife to NOT ignore a check engine light?" I took it to another dealer some 60 miles away and they fixed it on the first try.

Just because someone does something for a living doesn't necessarily mean they know what they are doing or care about what they are doing. That's in everything, including doctors.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good Morning!

Is there anyone on the forum that has had nothing but problems with their Outback? It has been in shop at least 10 to 12 times each time it has taken days to resolve the problems. This time and the 3 times before it has been a shake and rattle in the front end they cannot seem to find the answer to it they have had it for 4 days this time with so far no answer. Just want to know if anyone else has had the problem or heard of this type of problem?

Is there such a thing as the Lemon Law anymore?

Thanks to every one!

Khris

I too have had the shake and rattle on my 2018 OB Touring model from the six month mark after I picked it up. I've looked online to see if anyone else is have this issue and until now, I've not seen anything. Two dealerships and 6 trips and it was fixed for a week then the noise returned. One more trip and they replace another part so I'll see how this works.
So far this is where I stand with this car:
  • Driver window - self commanding roll down - repaired & returned (living with it now)
  • Infotainment system - yep everyone has this issue 2 times
  • Driver seat squeaking like an old gate - repaired came back fixed again
  • Battery started leaking after 1 year
  • Driver seat ceased to move forward or back - fixed?
All the above are livable with (or hopefully repaired) I have, mastered the power cycling of the infotainment system

but the rattle and popping from the driver wheel well worries me. To date local Subi dealer scoffed at my complaint 3 times and I am now on my second trip to the dealer I purchased the car from and they have:
  • Replaced the steering rod - 1.5 weeks in the shop
    • all was quiet for about three days then the noise came back
  • Replaced the strut mount - nearly three weeks in the shop (the worked on the driver seat issue and replaced severely worn tires due to steering issue.
Hope this is my last trip for major service and I can start to enjoy this car. I so want to be one of those people who can put 2nd, 3rd etc on my badges someday.

Sorry for my rambling post, first crack at this stuff.

Thanks,
Kacy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts