Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ive done a 2" body lift on my outback, and I was wondering if anybody has tried fitting the 2017 outback tires on an older generation like mine? I realize the bolt patterns are different, If I can confirm that these will fit without rubbing then I will be getting an adapter for 5X100 to 5X114.3 the adapters I am looking at are also 1" spacers, so hopefully that will prevent rubbing against the strut, but not sure. Any help would be much appreciated! I would like to get these ASAP I love the way the look and would love the extra height with them!!

·
Registered
Outbacks, SVXs, XT6, 4Runner, Celica, Brat, E150s
898 Posts
I just looked on TireRack. The OE tires for a 17 OBK 2.5i Limited is 225/60r18, which is 28.6" tall. From what I've seen, 29" tires fit with stock offset (that's what I plan to run when I lift mine).

Stay away from spacers (which, an adapter is, by design, a spacer as well) with stock offset. The added scrub radius puts more force on your bearings, steering and suspension components, and complicates fender/firewall clearance. It's a considerable can of worms.

If you've got an early 2002, with the smaller front brakes, you can easily use 15" wheels. I've picked up several sets of used Subaru 15" alloys for less than $100, and 235/75r15 tires are very common....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya I've heard spacers are pretty rough on the car, my buddy has them on his forester with Crosstrek tires, but ya theres really no getting away from them unless I just convert my hubs (Which I don't plan on doing haha) and luckily the guy I bought the tires from works at a shop where he lifts cars and he told me that they'd fit, so I bought them and now I an waiting for the adapters to come in the mail. Pretty sure these are going to look really nice :)

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,477 Posts
Ya I've heard spacers are pretty rough on the car, my buddy has them on his forester with Crosstrek tires, but ya theres really no getting away from them unless I just convert my hubs (Which I don't plan on doing haha) and luckily the guy I bought the tires from works at a shop where he lifts cars and he told me that they'd fit, so I bought them and now I an waiting for the adapters to come in the mail. Pretty sure these are going to look really nice :)
updated thread title.

if you like the way newer rims look.

foresters have kept 5x100 up until present day. (maybe the 2019s coming out in the fall will be 5x114.3).

and crosstreks have 5x100 up until 2017, ?

look at https://www.wheel-size.com/size/subaru/

which is a worldwide site.

______

or you take your 2000-2004 rims and plastdip or paint the recesses black. (I seen that before on here).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts