Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Outback Touring 3.6R
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend's '17 Premium w/Eyesight was parked next to my '18 Touring this morning and we were comparing some of the features. What we immediately noticed was the difference in the Eyesight (or related features) setup. His has what appears to be a third center-mounted camera (or similar-looking sensor) that's part of the rear-view mirror mounting module. He also has a small black wired module on the inside left upper corner of the windshield that has an antenna-like protrusion on it. Mine has neither of these. What gives?

·
Registered
2018 Outback 3.6R Limited
239 Posts
A friend's '17 Premium w/Eyesight was parked next to my '18 Touring this morning and we were comparing some of the features. What we immediately noticed was the difference in the Eyesight (or related features) setup. His has what appears to be a third center-mounted camera (or similar-looking sensor) that's part of the rear-view mirror mounting module. He also has a small black wired module on the inside left upper corner of the windshield that has an antenna-like protrusion on it. Mine has neither of these. What gives?

That is the high beam assist sensor that was integrated into the two main cameras in the 2018.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
7,728 Posts
His has what appears to be a third center-mounted camera (or similar-looking sensor) that's part of the rear-view mirror mounting module.
Separate light sensor for auto-dimming headlights. MY 2018 uses the EyeSight cameras for that function.

He also has a small black wired module on the inside left upper corner of the windshield that has an antenna-like protrusion on it.
Antenna module for Subaru remote start.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts