Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never purchased a new car and have been saving my pennies for years, so **** it, I'm getting what I want!!
I have an unmodified 08 WRX right now that I'm selling to help support this grossly overpriced monster I want to make.
I don't know that much about the Outback and have seen a few LP issues from browsing here but wanted to get the forum gods opinions on things to look for when doing this.

2018 3.6R Limited with all the factory goodies minus tow hitch and remote start. 3 month waiting period to get it built and delivered puts me at the end of October. Sucks. Only advantage is I get to give all the mods detailed thought and pester the **** out of my installer with questions

LPA mods:
- 2" lift
- Front bumper bar with plate
- Skid plate underneath
- Front subframe plates
- BFG TA K02 245s with one up top in the basket
- 22k/L bar mounted to the bumper guard
- 31k/L bar mounted to front of basket
- Loadwarrior basket with extension and ski rack

My installer is going to drill the hole in the skid plate for the oil filter. I don't want a lifetime of asking the jiffy lube dude to hook me up and take it on/off. Anything to look out for when asking for the hole? Do things get stuck up there or get otherwise disturbed?

Theft of the light bars. Anyone have good advice on how to secure them to the car so they cannot be removed unless you have the keys to a lock or to the roof basket?

Tire rub. So much written on this with the lift. I assume this is more or less harmless and just annoying or does it destroy the tires and something should be done to alleviate this? I think my wheels have a 40mm offset. Got a Velox wheel deal at Costco and had the tires already mounted and sitting in the shop waiting to switch out after mods done.

Thanks all! Happy Subaruing!

·
Brucey
'17 3.6
12,368 Posts
Relocate the filter instead of weakening the already weak plate.

I have a 2" lift with 245/65/17 KO2 and never experienced any rubbing.

I even ran them without the lift. No rub.

Light bar theft ehh. I guess use security bits but that isn't going to really ever deter someone. The factory torx bits on gen 2 / baja racks are easily defeated by a flat head screw driver.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I regret getting a hole drilled, as changing your oil through it sucks and crap gets kicked up in there I have it taped over with heat tape. If I get my oil changed I either drop the plate myself or go to a local subie shop that deals with all sorts of mods.

Brucey pretty much said it. That's the max tire size you can go without a lift (if you don't have mud flaps).

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had thought about debris getting up into the oil filter hole, that's a good point.
The car will have the lift on it so I'm guessing that will eliminate rub?
I don't think I got the mud flaps, wanted to see how it worked without them and if I need them I'd get the LP ones and install myself. Do you think it's essential?

·
Registered
2015 Outback Premium
188 Posts
I have the full LP Aventure set up on my 2015 Premium. Haven't had any problems with it at all. I did do a custom muffler so as to get the muffler back up as high as I could.

And I agree with the others about not cutting a hole in the skid plate.

PS: I do make use of the kit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the full LP Aventure set up on my 2015 Premium. Haven't had any problems with it at all. I did do a custom muffler so as to get the muffler back up as high as I could.

And I agree with the others about not cutting a hole in the skid plate.

PS: I do make use of the kit.

I posted this question earlier in regards to the LP Aventure kit, do you guys know if can run the 245's on a Gen. 4 with the 2 inch lift? I know you are fine with the Gen. 5's just curious. I couldn't find it in the tire thread I was reading on here. Looks BA by the way!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts