Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Outback XT Limited in Crystal White Pearl
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick question for those of you who have a 2018 3.6 R. Has anyone had any issues with the individual tire pressure display reading the wrong pressure? I checked all four of my tires and they were all showing 10 PSI higher than what the dash display was showing. Just to be sure I tried a local garages very expensive tire gauge and it also agreed with my personal tire gauge. I checked my tires first thing in the morning before doing any driving.
My 3.6 R will be a week old this Saturday. I've gone through the manual and I couldn't find anything pertaining to calibrating the pressure readings. Is anyone having this same issue? I can understand a pound or two off but not 10 PSI. I thought I would ask around the board first before taking it to my dealer.

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
2018 Dark Blue Outback 3.6R Touring arrived 8/31/2017
343 Posts
I've observed my tires read the same between TPMS and dial gauge I have: seems like you need to visit the dealer. You've got your units in PSI configured, right? My car had the other units configured when I first got it.

·
Registered
2020 OB Limited XT
334 Posts
Skates: FWIW, the tire pressure display on my 2018 Outback 3.6R Limited is one of my favorite displays in the new car. I have an electronic tire pressure gauge and the TPMS reads exactly the same as the tire pressure gauge. I have to believe that something is wrong with your system.

My $0.02. YMMV

Fred Meloan

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the assistance gentlemen. I found out how to change the display in the center dash display settings menu.....If all else fails...read the directions!

·
Registered
2018 Dark Blue Outback 3.6R Touring arrived 8/31/2017
343 Posts
Thanks for the assistance gentlemen. I found out how to change the display in the center dash display settings menu.....If all else fails...read the directions!
Are the numbers now looking sane for PSI now?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes they are...and very accurate. Thanks!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Skates: FWIW, the tire pressure display on my 2018 Outback 3.6R Limited is one of my favorite displays in the new car. I have an electronic tire pressure gauge and the TPMS reads exactly the same as the tire pressure gauge. I have to believe that something is wrong with your system.

My $0.02. YMMV

Fred Meloan
Which button shows tire pressure. When we click on settings we dont see any option for tire pressure readings. Any help would be most welcome

thanks

·
Registered
2018 Subaru Outback 3.6R
13 Posts
No Tire Pressure Indicator?

Which button shows tire pressure. When we click on settings we dont see any option for tire pressure readings. Any help would be most welcome

thanks
Picked up my 2018 Outback 3.6R yesterday. (RHD build date 26 Jan 2018 Japan). The fully loaded model here in Australia.

I can't find the tire/tyre pressure indication either. Beginning to think it isn't fitted. Even my trade in had it (Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo MY14).
:frown2:

·
Registered
216 Posts
In what model year did they add the individual tire pressure indicator? I'm pretty sure my 2015 doesn't have it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts