Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Betty: White '18 OB 3.6R Ltd, Moonroof, Nav, Eyesight. Barbie III: 2015 OB 3.6R Ltd, Moonroof, Nav, Eyesight, Red/Ivory
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been planning to buy an '18 Limited w/ Eyesight, but I have some real concerns about the new Nav. I have not found a way to "search" for a favorite or a poi. It seems you have to scroll through the list to find what you want. Also, I can't fine a way to access favorites by voice. It is easy to enter an address, if you know it, but I want to say "navigate to Joe Smith." Am I missing something?

·
Registered
Betty: White '18 OB 3.6R Ltd, Moonroof, Nav, Eyesight. Barbie III: 2015 OB 3.6R Ltd, Moonroof, Nav, Eyesight, Red/Ivory
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Partial answer found

I did find the search function for POIs today. it was pretty obvious. However, there doesn't seem to be a search function for Favorites. Looks like you have to scroll through them to find what you want. Awkward if you have a lot of saved places. No way to find Favorites by voice, either. Bummed.

On the whole, voice is much improved on the new system, but not perfect. Looking for "Happy" it only found "Abbey" even after many tries. Never could find "Baja Fresh" by voice even though it was in the POI data base. Even so, I think it will be a useful feature. I ordered mine today.

Another question: Does anyone know if there is a way to back up your favorites to transfer when you buy a new car? I would love to save them. I don't think you can with the older nav, but I had hoped the Tom Tom system would let you. My $150 Garmin does. I don't understand why it isn't a feature on this $1000+ nav system.:|

1 - 2 of 2 Posts