Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 2.0 T AWD
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 18' Outback 3.6 Limited with the 8" touch screen NAV/Media head unit. And it appears that between AM, FM, and Sirius XM there's only 18 presets total available to be divided between all 3 radios.
The manual just says "Multiple presets can be set". I can't find an exact number. Anyone else know if we're limited to only 18 presets. Or are more available? As with other Subaru's I hit the AM, or FM icon a couple of times to see if it brought up AM1 or FM1 with more presets. And nothing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
yeah, 18 seems to be the max. It's per profile, so you can add more by creating additional profiles, but that's likely more trouble than it's worth.

·
Registered
2018 Outback Limited 2.5i with eyesight & nav.
63 Posts
18 presets, the first 3 always revert back to “initializing”, no matter how many times I reset them. Dealer is aware, will notify when update.

·
Registered
2018 Dark Blue Outback 3.6R Touring arrived 8/31/2017
343 Posts
18 presets, the first 3 always revert back to “initializing”, no matter how many times I reset them. Dealer is aware, will notify when update.
I've seen this on mine as well, but first 3 are Sirius: are yours AM and FM?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've seen this on mine as well, but first 3 are Sirius: are yours AM and FM?
I don’t listen to AM or FM so I never look at those.
But my 3 initializing stages have changed into “hold” . It seems everyday it’s something different. See photos.

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Mine go from remembering what I set to "initializing." Radio roulette!
My first 3 presets started that about 2 week so after I got the car. Now it’s saying “hold” and initializing. everyday is a new adventure with my HU.

Nav seems to work fine, just those darn presets are hosed.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Software version???

I see the "Hold" and SXM "Initializing" once in awhile very briefly. But I never lose my presets.
Also as pictured I can mix up my presets between FM, AM, and SXM.
Maybe it's your software version? I've included a picture of that as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
I see the "Hold" and SXM "Initializing" once in awhile very briefly. But I never lose my presets.
Also as pictured I can mix up my presets between FM, AM, and SXM.
Maybe it's your software version? I've included a picture of that as well.
I found out today that I can mix my presets between AM,FM,XM but they always disappear eventually (sometimes they reappear)

·
Registered
18 Outback 3.6r Touring
598 Posts
This seems like a downgrade from the previous gen radio in last year's model. We had a max of 36 presets shared between AM/FM/XM. In the previous model there was a setting for max presets so you didn't have to skip over empty buttons. Is there a similar setting for the new radio?

·
Registered
2018 Subaru Outback Touring
2 Posts
Greetings,

We have the same issue. We picked this car up about a week ago. It has done it since day one. I will be calling the service department tomorrow so they are aware.

1st three channels (they are hooked to 3 Sirius stations) states initializing.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Greetings,

We have the same issue. We picked this car up about a week ago. It has done it since day one. I will be calling the service department tomorrow so they are aware.

1st three channels (they are hooked to 3 Sirius stations) states initializing.
That's strange. As you can see in the attached picture I'm able to set an FM station within the first 3 presets. Pretty much able to mix and match among the 18 presets available. Maybe see if there's a software update available.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
We had ours set by the dealer - and they were SiriusXM. Maybe look into a software upgrade. They made a big deal about the Infortainment package in Subarus.

·
Registered
2020 2.5i Limited
137 Posts
Stations Revert to Initialize

Well, we're in mid-December and I am still having the exact same issue. It is particularly annoying.

·
Registered
2020 2.5i Limited
137 Posts
Meh is unacceptable

Yeah my SMX presets revert to "initializing" after a day or so. Dealer is aware in is kinda meh about it. :(
I'm imagine if, in the old days, one of those hard press preset buttons didn't work on an FM radio. This is the same thing. The radio is faulty. I'm willing to wait a minute, but this is a faulty head unit and is a part of the purchased car no matter how insignificant a dealer might think it is.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a brand new car and have the same issue. I was able to set my first two as FM, and now 3-5 say initializing. So frustrating, but glad to hear i'm not alone.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts