Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently purchased a 2018 Outback and only now discovered that the Premium edition (w/o push-button start) no longer has the option to disable the beeping that occurs every single time the doors are locked or unlocked unless sitting in the car. I find the beeping incredibly annoying (even more so since the disable option was available in my 2016 Premium and I was not informed of the change in package level needed to have the option). If I had known of the option's retraction I doubt I would have purchased a 2018. I do not want all the features in the Limited and am only interested in stopping the beeping.

Has anyone discovered a way around this? Something that can be programmed or modified?

·
Premium Member
2015 Legacy 3.6R ES, 2014 Forester Touring ES, 2005 Jeep Liberty Limited
3,248 Posts
Use ear plugs.

Laughing at Oneself and with Others is Good for the Soul

·
Registered
2018 Outback Premium
7 Posts
Same here

I just traded in my 2015 Premium for the 2018 Premium and am searching for the same solution.

Have you tried the, "Hold Unlock, put the key in/out 6+ times, open/close door" hack? Info from older models in the link on reddit:

"I have a 14 Outback and that double-chirp every time I unlock/lock my car annoys me. It's even worse if I want to let my fiancee in the passenger door since I have to double-tap the unlock, causing 4 chirps! Worst is when I try to lock the car and someone left a door open causing 5 chirps! So I read through my manual and found out how to disable it. While the car is off:

• Press and hold the unlock button on the driver's side door
  • Insert and remove the key into the ignition 6+ times (min. 6) [keep the unlock button pressed]
  • Open and close the door
That's it. The hazards will flash 3 times on the gauge cluster and now only the lights flash on the car when I unlock/lock. I didn't have any time issues, but the manual says all these steps need to be done within a 10 second window."

I was going to try that when I got out of work.

·
Registered
2018 Outback Premium
7 Posts
Ok, so that old method no longer works in the 2018 Outback, and they took the options out of the radio, however I found where they moved the option to.
In the Owner's Manual, they moved the option to the Info Settings in the Instrument Cluster.

So with the car on, and in Park, move the Info switch on the steering wheel to the Info settings position.
Then hold the center button until the Info settings comes on.
Navigate to the Vehicle Settings to finds the options.

·
Registered
2018 3.6R Touring
14 Posts
Found this thread looking for the same thing. The printed manuals are different from the PDF's I found on the site - The answers you seek are in 3-34 in the thick Outback Owner's Manual - You can tweak the alarm notifications from the Multi-Information Display between the tach and speedometer. Use the up/down arrows to get in to the Vehicle Settings menu. There, you'll find all sorts of audio options.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.