Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Forester 2.5i Touring in the near future
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new here. I am going to be purchasing a 2018 Forester touring 2.5i in sepia bronze in the next month or so. I have exhausted myself looking at the potential add ons. I was hoping for some advice on which ones not to bother with and any others that I might need to consider. These are my definite add ons: remote engine starter, rear bumper cover, rear seatback protector, moonroof air deflector, all weather mats, wheel locks, front bumper under guard, and autodimming rear view mirror (no homelink bc I dont have a garage). Others that are being considered: crossbars, side window deflectors, autodimming side mirrors, ext lights (approach lights) for when it's dark, trailer hitch, door edge guards, splash guards. any advice/suggestions/info would be greatly appreciated. This is my first new car and although I want to get what I want, I want to be smart about it as well. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,077 Posts
It all depends on your needs. Example, I have multiple vehicles with remote start. I have never used it. Don't know if it even works. You may have a need for it.

All weather mats I do like, same with the auto dimming mirrors.

Wheel locks are not important to me. If someone wants your wheels they will not be deterred by wheel locks.

One can look at your entire list that way. What is important to you may not be important to me or someone else.

·
Registered
Outbrat XT, Foz, 3.0R Limited
4,605 Posts
I’m also going to say don’t waste money on wheel locks, it just makes a frustrating flat tire more frustrating or maintenance more annoying. If people are going to be brazen enough to steal wheels they probably have a lock remover socket. They aren’t that expensive anymore and the functionality of them has come a very long way over the years.

Some things can often be purchased separately for far cheaper and very easily installed if you are mechanically inclined. Do some research on some of these items, acquire Subaru part numbers and check out some of the online Subaru parts resellers and even Amazon has a ton of OEM parts and accessories now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts