Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
'18 Outback 2.5i Touring
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you are looking to get rid of the awful halogen fogs (why they are still halogen with LED headlights is beyond me), maybe these will be good enough?

I took the plunge and are going to give these a try...

CREE V2 Series: LED Fog Light Replacement Bulbs

They are a small investment at $40 with free shipping for the pair. I am not necessarily looking for ultra-brightness, just can't stand the mismatched colors of the LED headlights and the stock fogs. Once I get them, I'll take before/after pics and post.

If anyone else has already tried these, let me know!

#LLAP

·
Registered
2018 2.5i Limited w/EyeSight
207 Posts
Looks like a good option, looking forward to seeing how it works out for you. We don't end up using our fog lights a lot, but it's a nice upgrade!

·
Registered
2016 2.5i Outback, 2002 Audi S4 Avant, 1980 CB750F Supersport, 1985 Carrera 3.2
568 Posts

·
Registered
2018 3.6R Limited - Magnetite - LP Adventure lift
451 Posts
Im going to get a set from DE Auto LED most likely.

I have them on my golf and they are worth every dime.

·
Registered
2018 Dark Blue Pearl Outback 3.6R Premier
190 Posts
Has anyone put yellow LED bulbs in their fog lights? I'd like to see a pic.

·
Registered
2017 Outback Limited 2.5, Twilight Blue/Ivory, Eyesight. Also 1995 BMW 525i with 240,000 miles
2,332 Posts
Has anyone put yellow LED bulbs in their fog lights? I'd like to see a pic.
Not a yellow led bulb, but yellow lamin-X film. Well pleased.

·
Registered
189 Posts
We have LEDs that are good for Fog Lights that you may find interesting. I don't have access to the 2018 vehicle lighting data yet, but if we look at the 2017 Subaru Outback Lighting Information, it uses H11 or H16 bulbs (depending on whether you Have or Do Not Have the Eyesight package). The 2015s and 2016s had the same setups as well.

If you're looking for a brightness upgrade, you can look at the H11 Xtreme LED PRO Kit or H16 Xtreme LED PRO Kit - both are designed to give crisp white 5500-5700K lighting as a nice upgrade from stock.

If you want something a little simpler to install you can see our H11 Xtreme LED CMBs or H16 Xtreme LED CMBs - these are more of a cosmetic item, not a functional brightness upgrade, but are available in 5000K (white) and 6000K (white/blue) to better match against other lights.

~Robert

·
Registered
2 Posts
I put in a $39 set of zdatt led replacements from Amazon that had a yellow filter and they work great. I haven't figured out the adjustment though and afraid if they were white they would upset oncoming drivers/

·
Registered
2018 Limited
108 Posts
quick question on just a bulb plug in LED vs halogen.

Some come with capacitor or something like it in between the bulb and the car, whereas some do not. I believe the additional piece is to control the power draw to prevent dash board warning light/message.

Does the bulb only replacement work without failure message being shown on the dash?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
'18 Outback 2.5i Touring
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I put in these as I mentioned in my initial post

CREE V2 Series: LED Fog Light Replacement Bulbs

They were put in this morning and I only drove about 10 minutes with them so far - no warnings about a bulb being out, but I'll update my post in the next couple of days once I've had a chance to let them run for a while.

·
Registered
'18 Outback 2.5i Touring
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Full pic with the Opt7 LED fog "white" lights. No dashboard errors/warnings at all - working fine!

Attachments

·
Registered
'16 STi, '17 Outback
112 Posts
Any noticeable improvements in dark?

I never turn fogs on until we reach dark country roads, can use more lights to see animals but I don't really want to put an LED bar on the front of the car.

·
Registered
2017 Outback 2.5i Limited
1,107 Posts
I changed my fog lights from halogen to LED, then added Lamin-X yellow film. They really light up the road on each side of the vehicle. Great for spotting rats with antlers while driving at night.

·
Registered
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6 Limited
98 Posts
I purchased the Diode Dynamics XML2 Yellow LED. They work well, but kind of underwhelmed by the overall performance. I think I may be switching them to the Cool White. Will give it a couple of weeks before I make my final decision. Diode Dynamics vs stock pics below.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5i Premium + Eyesight
53 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5i Premium + Eyesight
53 Posts
RRGClimber, I have those as low beams. Great LED headlight.
My Zdatt fogs and OPT 7 Flux beams just showed up today! I will be installing later on tonight when I get a chance.
@trfkcop did you have to drill any holes in the dust covers? The instructions are saying you have to drill a few small holes or one 4.5 cm hole into the dust covers to ensure proper ventilation so they don't over heat and prematurely burn out? I would rather not cut any holes into my brand new car...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 90 Posts