Subaru Outback Forums banner

2161 - 2178 of 2178 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Outback Premium with eyesight
5 Posts
Hello, I've read thru this 2018 headunit issues thread and wondered if anyone is seeing the same problem I'm having with text messages (messaging). It seems the HU can't seem to always remember its already been paired with my phone. When I check the HU phone app sometimes and click on messages its grayed out and asks me if I want to set up messaging again. If I turn off the bluetooth on my phone and back on and let it reconnect, it completes setting up messaging just fine and pulls down all the messages.

I have a Pixel 3 with Android 10 and all the latest patches on. The HU is up to date with A1.19.12.20

I've tried different AVRCP versions in the developer options and that hasn't made any difference. Currently on 1.4

I deleted the bluetooth profiles on the phone and HU many times and that hasn't made any difference.

Wondering if I should start a new thread.

fwiw, Android Auto has worked pretty well since the last update to A1.19.12.20

·
Registered
2016 2.5i Premium / 2020 2.5i Premium
1,936 Posts
So has this issue finally been resolved?
I read a few dozen pages and this is scary stuff.

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5i Limited
178 Posts
Anyone having issues with Apple CarPlay constantly dropping off? The icon on my Starlink will disappear and then reappear a few minutes later. The other night it did it about a dozen times during a drive less than an hour. Also when I mute the radio, it will turn itself back on by itself. If there is another thread regarding these issues feel free to let me know.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I haven't had any issues with CarPlay. I sure did with Android Auto though. Yeah for iphone.
Was the problem with Android Auto that you had involving the icon dropping off the screen and cutting off, and then the icon re-appearing a few moments later, and basically repeat this cycle? This is what the CarPlay icon does, not all the time but enough to be rather annoying, sometimes it will do it a few times, other times it will do it several times during normal daily driving. Taking my car in for it and other things next week, this time going to a different Subaru dealership for service, one of the advisors asked if I had it in before to have a firmware updated, I told him I just do the Starlink update via every six months and he said that would not fix it, but one you have to bring into a dealership and it takes upwards of two hours. I have never heard of that before, if it was something needing to be done I would have assumed they would have sent out a notice of some sort to the owners.

·
Registered
2018 OUTBACK 2.5i Premium
1 Posts
Anyone having issues with Apple CarPlay constantly dropping off? The icon on my Starlink will disappear and then reappear a few minutes later. The other night it did it about a dozen times during a drive less than an hour. Also when I mute the radio, it will turn itself back on by itself. If there is another thread regarding these issues feel free to let me know.
Using my iPhone 7, I have to unplug the cable from the USB or the phone for at least 10 seconds to get the CarPlay icon to show. Many times it lasts for a few minutes then cuts out. The cable works on other Apple products.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Using my iPhone 7, I have to unplug the cable from the USB or the phone for at least 10 seconds to get the CarPlay icon to show. Many times it lasts for a few minutes then cuts out. The cable works on other Apple products
Exactly although some times for me unplugging the cable from the phone or USB port in the car and back in doesn't do anything. But when it does, the icon stays on for a while, sometimes it goes back out, other times it stays on. The other night during a 30 minute drive the icon appeared and went away a dozen times. Also, sometimes if I mute the stereo, it will kick back on by itself. I do wish there was a way to turn the stereo off and on rather than a simple mute. I know I can hold the power button down for a few seconds but turns everything off and there are times when I just want the radio off rather than turning the volume down. I am curious what this "up to 2 hour update" the dealership said they will check to do, if they mean the Starlink issue via the firmware update I already did that myself, and it took 15 minutes, otherwise if there is a fix they can perform that would be great. The service advisor said the issue is common and said "people don't return with the issue one we perform the update". But I have been told that before with regards to the squeaky driver's seat and Subaru's fix for that only made the issue worse.

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5i Limited with Eyesight
126 Posts
Was at the dealer and asked me if I wanted a update
Came out July 7th

Adjustments.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
126 Posts
When I got home I checked the Subaru site and found
Update A2_20.18.20 Is out. Same version maps.
Wonder if their is a difference from A2.20.07.20 ?

Gary

·
Registered
2018 Outback Touring 3.6R
348 Posts
When I got home I checked the Subaru site and found
Update A2_20.18.20 Is out. Same version maps.
Wonder if their is a difference from A2.20.07.20 ?

Gary

Just installing it to a memory stick, will update later today. I've done this a number of times and never had a problem, although at one point it really takes a long time to finish one of the phases and I always start wondering if it's hung up. But so far it's always finished and come up OK! Would be nice to know of any changes in addition to the maps themselves, but OTOH I use Android Auto almost exclusively now to get music, nav, phone etc while driving.

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
Just installing it to a memory stick, will update later today. I've done this a number of times and never had a problem, although at one point it really takes a long time to finish one of the phases and I always start wondering if it's hung up. But so far it's always finished and come up OK! Would be nice to know of any changes in addition to the maps themselves, but OTOH I use Android Auto almost exclusively now to get music, nav, phone etc while driving.
The TSB was updated on July 07... so there is a good chance that something is in there.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Called the manager at the dealer that did the update and he he said the he did was the latest

·
Registered
126 Posts
Whatever he did took about 15 minutes

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Outback 3.6R
61 Posts
Updated mine here - maybe a half hour / 45 minutes from starting to download /install the file to the USB drive then the update to the car. I have not checked the changes to anything although I doubt there is a coffee function yet.

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5 Touring, 2019 Crosstrek Limited, 2005 WRX
250 Posts
Updated mine here - maybe a half hour / 45 minutes from starting to download /install the file to the USB drive then the update to the car. I have not checked the changes to anything although I doubt there is a coffee function yet.
At least we know it's not bricked. Keep us posted. I'd like to see what the revised TSB says about this version.

2161 - 2178 of 2178 Posts