Subaru Outback Forums banner

2181 - 2200 of 2208 Posts

·
Registered
19 2.5i OB LTD w/SSD Strt Twr Brc + OEM 19mm RSB
1,353 Posts
I figured out what I needed to do. I had to 'forget all cars' in the AA app and let it connect again. That fixed it....
Your experience should be a sticky since others will probably experience the same.

Reactions: walker

·
Registered
2018 Outback Touring 3.6R
349 Posts
I figured out what I needed to do. I had to 'forget all cars' in the AA app and let it connect again. That fixed it....
My AA app on my Pixel 3a was similar but I didn't have to do anything special. I got a message on the car screen and then had to pick up my phone and authorize AA like I did the first time I connected to the car. All is now good.

Sent from my BTV-W09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Subaru Outback 3.6R
2 Posts
I just did the latest update today, and so far have had no issues.

My volume knob light doesn't work, however. Unrelated to the update..

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5i Limited with Eyesight
133 Posts
Just discovered that when you get a Storm Alert, you have options what to remove categories now

·
Registered
2018 White Outback Touring 2.5i
667 Posts
After the update I tried holding the volume knob to turn off the unit but it didn't seem to want to turn off. I'll let you know tomorrow.

·
Registered
2018 3.6r Touring, Black, modifications: 255-55-zr18 Continental DWS06
344 Posts
After the update I tried holding the volume knob to turn off the unit but it didn't seem to want to turn off. I'll let you know tomorrow.
Try the tune knob to reset then try again?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5 Touring, 2019 Crosstrek Limited, 2005 WRX
259 Posts
Just discovered that when you get a Storm Alert, you have options what to remove categories now
If what you are referring to is the "setttings" button at the bottom of the warning alert screen, I noticed that button on my 2019 Crosstrek Limited yesterday, but can't say I remember that button being present on my 2018 Outback Touring that has not been updated with this 7/10 firmware upgrade yet. I also don't remember that settings button being present on my Crosstrek until yesterday. Could this be a new feature that got added without a firmware upgrade being needed?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just got back from dealership and was advised that there is a “recall” on the 2018 head units to update the software. From what I could see, it was issues on 1/3/19. I haven’t been able to find it online, but he pulled it right up when he pulled up my VIN. It might be a TSB or something. I’ll report back after I get my car back later today.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Just got back from dealership and was advised that there is a “recall” on the 2018 head units to update the software. From what I could see, it was issues on 1/3/19. I haven’t been able to find it online, but he pulled it right up when he pulled up my VIN. It might be a TSB or something. I’ll report back after I get my car back later today.
that was the WU-86R campaign bulletin. It was closed out with the prior software release. If youdidnt have that update, then that is what they were talking about. The campaign bulletin document was updated this past May.

Here is a post I made with links to those docs (the link tor WU-86R is in there). Once I get a copy of the most recent TSB I’ll update the post with new information.

·
Registered
133 Posts
If what you are referring to is the "setttings" button at the bottom of the warning alert screen, I noticed that button on my 2019 Crosstrek Limited yesterday, but can't say I remember that button being present on my 2018 Outback Touring that has not been updated with this 7/10 firmware upgrade yet. I also don't remember that settings button being present on my Crosstrek until yesterday. Could this be a new feature that got added without a firmware upgrade being needed?
Just got a Email from SOA with the update features
  1. STARLINK performance and stability improvements
  2. Voice Recognition improvements
  3. SiriusXM Severe Weather Alerts can now be customized or turned off:
    Settings → General → SXM Settings
This update also includes in the following bug fixes:
  1. SiriusXM preset loss
  2. Bluetooth phone call volume improvements
  3. Enhanced CD (e-CD) play issues
  4. Radio station info cannot be displayed
  5. DAB station info cannot be displayed if over 16 characters long
  6. Poor FM radio reception performance
  7. Phonebook download issues from a paired smartphone

·
Registered
259 Posts
Thanks for the update. Looks like it's time to do this update. I just checked my Outback's firmware and can confirm ver A1.19.45.20 does not have an option to turn off select SXM weather alerts the way I can on my 2019 Crosstrek.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Update done via USB. No problems. A stated elsewhere, map was not updated. There are now choices in settings/general sxm to turn off various watches and warnings. I hope these are more useful than on my 2019 Crosstrek. I recently received alerts every 2 minutes for days after the weather event was long gone and besides never having the correct time frame as to when the event was over, changing the settings didn't make them go away.

·
Premium Member
2018 Subaru Outback Limited 3.6R Crystal White Pearl/black interior
371 Posts
Attempted to update the system software via WIFI today, but the download failed. The screen went blank and won't turn on. I had the USB ready to do the navigation map update but never got that far. My Honda update worked perfectly. I am not liking the Subaru again. Just slap me if I ever do an available update again when my head unit WAS working fine.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Wonder when Maps are going to be updated ?
My was update was Dec 2019

2181 - 2200 of 2208 Posts