2201 - 2208 of 2208 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 Subaru Outback Limited 3.6R Crystal White Pearl/black interior
371 Posts
System update only
map is USA Canada and Mexico_1036_7156_9747 same from Dec 2019
I must be behind the curve a bit.

DON'T DO THE SYSTEM UPDATE IT WILL BRICK YOUR HEADUNIT!

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5i Limited with Eyesight
133 Posts
I must be behind the curve a bit.

DON'T DO THE SYSTEM UPDATE IT WILL BRICK YOUR HEADUNIT!
Stopped the dealer a few weeks ago and he did the system software update to rel_ A2.20.07.20
the web site said A2.20.18.20 ...the manger said the one he did was later that on the web site
seem to be ok.

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5 Touring, 2019 Crosstrek Limited, 2005 WRX
259 Posts
Map updates are available.
The map component in the update recently discussed here, A2.20.18.20, (I believe the one that failed to update for you), does NOT contain any new maps. See several posts above for a nice list of what WAS updated.

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
The map component in the update recently discussed here, A2.20.18.20, (I believe the one that failed to update for you), does NOT contain any new maps. See several posts above for a nice list of what WAS updated.
Yes, the map update (downloaded to USB) was totally separate from the software update (downloaded via Wifi). I have an appointment with the dealer on Wednesday. I will let you know what they say. It is definitely totally dark.

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5 Touring, 2019 Crosstrek Limited, 2005 WRX
259 Posts
Sparkland, you can’t download the latest update to your USB key again and plug that into your head unit to try the update again?

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Sparkland, you can’t download the latest update to your USB key again and plug that into your head unit to try the update again?
I could try to update the software via USB, but the head unit is completely dark or dead. Absolutely, no response from the head unit, but thank you for the suggestion.

·
Registered
2018 Subaru Outback Limited
48 Posts
First did an update over the air - the system prompted me to do so. Then downloaded update on USB and installed on vehicle. All recalls and campaigns were done at the dealership. Week after the update, started losing my FM presets and text messages are not transmitted thru the unit. Phone book needs to be uploaded every time I start the car and no guarantee I won't lose the contacts again mid trip. I never had issues with my head unit until after the latest update. Any advice?

2201 - 2208 of 2208 Posts