Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had 2 previous Outbacks (2010, 2013) that have had heated seats. One was leather and one was cloth. Both were blazing hot (which I love) when they were turned on. My new 2018 Outback has leather seats with the 3 adjustments for heated seats and are barely warm on high. Does anyone know if Subraru changed this in the 2018? Has anyone had a similar experience?

·
Registered
2018 Outback Touring 3.6R
971 Posts
I can't speak to Subarus that old. I know that past cars I've owned with cloth seats, they always felt warmer on the highest setting compared to leather seats. I had a 2017 Forester as a rental last fall in VA, and didn't think those seats would get any warmer than my Outback does.

I do like (and actually need) my heated seats, and feel the Outback is plenty warm for me. I might start on the highest setting, but usually drop to medium or low after the cabin warms some. With past cars, I would often leave the seats on high full time.

·
Premium Member
2018 Outback 3.6R Limited; 2" LP Aventure lift, LPA skid plates and small bumper guard, diff breather relocation, subframe skids; Motegi MR118 17x8et32 wheels; Yakima LoadWarrior with extension; ARB
318 Posts
My wife says the heated seat in my '18 OB Limited is not nearly as hot as in her VW wagon. I am not insane, so have not had cause to use the heated seat since it's summer in the south, so I cannot say for sure. :)

·
Registered
2016 Outback 2.5i Limited, Wilderness Green; 2018 Outback 2.5i Limited, Crimson Red Pearl
198 Posts
I don't know exactly what Subaru did over the model years. But we recently sold my wife's 2012 Limited and replaced it with a 2018 Limited. I have a 2016 Limited. Honestly, I cannot tell any difference in the temperature of the heated seats in all three. :grin2:

·
Registered
215 Posts
I have a 2018 with leather seats and the same thing here. They do not heat up anywhere close to my wife's 2017 Impreza with cloth seats.

OTH the heated steering wheel does get too hot which might explain why it's only 2/3rds heated and the top isn't.

Shame the eggheads didn't get it the other way around.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts