Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5i Limited, Crimson Red Pearl
123 Posts
You can find it here at Subaru's website: https://parts.subaru.com/p/Subaru_2018_outback/Hood-Protector/49925011/E231SFJ000.html

It says "Hood Protector...For your 2018 Subaru Outback". Farther down is shows: "What This Fits...Subaru: 2 models, 40 variants between 2012 and 2017".

It states "Not compatible with Eyesight Models" but at the same time, one of the two accompanying pictures shows the hood protector mounted on a red Outback with Eyesight!

I would like to get one of these, too. The folks at my dealer didn't know why it wouldn't work on an Eyesight model.

Very confusing. :surprise:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Jeff. My dealer parts guy said there wasn’t one, but the part # you list is what I found before, so I’ll go with it.

As for Eyesight, I have a protector on my XV and Eyesight has absolutely no issue with it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Owners manual states no hood protectors or pretty much anything on the front or the top of the hood with eyesight

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
123 Posts
Owners manual states no hood protectors or pretty much anything on the front or the top of the hood with eyesight.
Bob - yes, I saw that, too. But, www.parts.subaru.com has a listing and P/N for a hood deflector, shows a picture of an Outback w/Eyesight sporting a hood deflector, and my dealer (my salesman, Encore-Love rep and service manger) didn't believe Eyesight would have an issue with it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
That part number goes to a Subaru Crosstrek or Subaru XV, not an Outback. As such, the photos listed for that are of a Crosstrek / XV, not an Outback.

This part wouldn't fit anyways because the 2015-2019 Outback Hood doesn't meet the grille and the mounting points for this hood protector are different from those on an Impreza or Crosstrek / XV. So it's less of an issue with EyeSight, and more of an issue that this part isn't for an Outback to begin with.

https://parts.subaru.com/p/Subaru__Impreza/Hood-Protector/49925011/E231SFJ000.html

If you want to protect your hood from chips and bugs, the only option I can think of right now is a Clear Bra or "Clear Shield".

·
Registered
2018 3.6R Tungston/Ivory Limited (actually, a Touring with Limited roof bars)
7 Posts
Wait a minute - so you pay probably 30k+ (i see at least one limited above) and you want to put a 40$ (or less) plastic part on the hood that vibrates, rattles, fades with time and eventually brakes at the fastner points ??

Pony up the $$ to tape the hood, front fascia, a pillars, roof line back to the sunroof and the mirror fronts. It will look nice , it will stay nice and you will be much happier.

just my 2 $.01,
Cheers, R

·
Registered
123 Posts
Wait a minute - so you pay probably 30k+ (i see at least one limited above) and you want to put a 40$ (or less) plastic part on the hood that vibrates, rattles, fades with time and eventually brakes at the fastner points ??

just my 2 $.01,
Cheers, R
I had a plastic hood protector on my 2002 Toyota Tacoma for 15 years (until I sold it) that never rattled, vibrated, faded or broke. Just my $0.02.

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5i Touring
346 Posts
I had a plastic hood protector on my 2002 Toyota Tacoma for 15 years (until I sold it) that never rattled, vibrated, faded or broke. Just my $0.02.
Had one on my '06 Tundra and never experienced any problems either.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts