Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the LED upgrade not include the hatch light? Mine is still yellow colored wheras the map lights and middle dome lights are the bluish LED color.

·
Premium Member
2015 Legacy 3.6R ES, 2014 Forester Touring ES, 2005 Jeep Liberty Limited
3,239 Posts
It's what it is!

Laughing at oneself and with others is good for the Soul!

·
Super Moderator
2016 3.6 Limited with ES
2,701 Posts
Your $99 dollar upgrade only bought you 3 bulbs - the map and middle interior lights.

It's in hindsight but there are a ton of threads here on doing the complete LED upgrade - driver and passenger front door puddle lights, map, mirror, backup, cargo and I'm sure something else that I'm forgetting at the moment.

Playing with all the LED colors, tint and lumens is like girls playing with Barbie dolls or boys playing with Legos or adults playing mix n match with Ikea. That Barbie doll and Lego thing is sexist but that's just the way I roll on the topic and I'm pretty sure I'm 99.99% correct to the point I'm not aplogizing. BTW, the Idea founder died on Saturday but they are holding off on the funerla until they assemble his casket.

But beyond my awfully funny joke, the factory upgrade is really a bone without much meat on it. Lots of options in the aftermarket.

·
Registered
'18 OB Limited 3.6R; '17 OB Limited 2.5i
25 Posts
Agreed. I didn’t even want it because I much prefer soft incandescent over this particularly cold LED. But it was the only choice close to what I wanted and it was time to get her done.

·
Registered
'18 OB 2.5 Ltd, No Eyesight, No Nav
2,829 Posts
It was a waste of money depending only on the dealership. I ordered the car without the LED upgrade, but the car came with the LED upgrade and other upgrades I did not request.

Basically, my stealership would have charged the same price with or without the upgrades. They seemed relieved to get rid of the OB I bought because it is a Limited without Eyesight, and most people with a Limited are specifically requesting Eyesight. It seemed like they were trying to get the deal done before I realized there was no Eyesight. LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts