Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5i Limited
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to mass upload Contacts into the Nav?

I recall a micro(?) SD slot on the 2015 but can't find one on the 2018. Perhaps there is a way to do it via cloud/internet/upload/download?

I traded the 2015 for a 2018 in Nov but am resisting the Contact load 'cuz I don't want to manually type 5 data points across 100 Contacts ... but the babysitter keeps getting lost :(

·
Registered
2015 3.6R Limited w/ES
3,251 Posts
Seems your terms may be a little confusing, what do "contacts" have to do with navigation? 5 data points? If you're referring to destinations/waypoints, which just amount to latitude, longitude (or address) and name, then I'm not aware of any way to transfer them from one nav to another (they may be stored on the nav's SD card, but that card is copy protected). The easiest way to program them on the 2015 nav is to simply drag the map to the desired spot, tap the screen and store it as a favorite.

The commonly accepted meaning of "contacts" would be people that you call or accept calls from. The contacts stored on your phone should be uploaded automatically when you establish a bluetooth connection with the head unit.

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5i Limited
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seems your terms may be a little confusing, what do "contacts" have to do with navigation? 5 data points? If you're referring to destinations/waypoints, which just amount to latitude, longitude (or address) and name, then I'm not aware of any way to transfer them from one nav to another (they may be stored on the nav's SD card, but that card is copy protected). The easiest way to program them on the 2015 nav is to simply drag the map to the desired spot, tap the screen and store it as a favorite.

The commonly accepted meaning of "contacts" would be people that you call or accept calls from. The contacts stored on your phone should be uploaded automatically when you establish a bluetooth connection with the head unit.
Ok ... more pejorative than helpful, but hey ...

Since they are neither "Contacts" nor "Favorites" but rather "Memory Points"(2018 Outlook 2.5i Limited manual, p.76, pdf version), I'd like to re-state my ask:

Does anyone know how to mass load Memory Points into the Nav without using the in-car UI (user interface)?

When I bought my 2018 2.5iL, I bought 1 yr of the SXM-based 'support' service (which I can't recall the name of) based on the ability to "send directions to the car" via the service per the dealer.

Has anyone used the optional, SXM-based 'support' service to "send directions to the car" Nav?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts