Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The navigation on my 2018 Outback has seemed to work fine; I've had the car since early November. I noticed on a cross country trip that the displayed speed limit is not always correct. It might read 70 when the interstate is actually 75, for example. I'm back from the trip and around town it is frequently incorrect, but always in understandable ways like saying 45 when it is actually 35. However, in the last day or two, it seems to have gone haywire. It is displaying odd limits, like 57 or 73, and watching it on my last drive, it was consistently off for a while by 38 mph and then suddenly it was off by 19. It always is displaying higher than the actual speed limit. Example: I was on a arterial with a speed limit of 45 and it was showing 73. Later I was on a street with a posted limit of 30 and it was showing 49.

If this was my laptop, I'd reboot, but I don't know how to do that in this case.

Thanks for any ideas or suggestions.

Tom
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thought about this further and realized a change in units would produce this type of issue. Sure enough, the navigation was set to kilometers. Changing it back to miles cleared up the issue. What still remains, however, is how it switched to metric. I suppose it possible that I changed this inadvertently, but I don't recall changing any settings in that time period. But it is possible.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
lol. Good troubleshooting. Sorry I didn't see this post earlier. I had this same problem with the TPMS. First time I looked at it was reading over 200. Took me a few moments to realize it was in Kpa.
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top