Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2018 OB 2.5 Limited
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just traded up to a 2018 Outback Limited and have a small issue with the Android Auto & Driver Info Display and wanted to see if anyone else has the same issue and has a solution or if maybe something else is going on. Does the same issue exist with Car Play?

Android Auto works fine till i get a phone call, then all the voice guidance prompts stop during the call. I missed my turn because of this. I still have graphic instructions on the HU display but no voice prompts. All the settings in Android Auto and Maps are set to play voice during calls. When I use Android Auto on the phone only I do get voice guidance during the phone call though my ear piece so I know it works. Not sure if there is some update that needs to be made to the Android Auto software in the head unit of if I am missing some setting somewhere. Not sure if this is a Subaru issue or an Android Auto support issue. The manuals dont say much on this app.

Also noticed that when I am in a call I can no longer toggle though the driver information display, it is stuck on the phone call time and who I am talking to........not sure why that is, would be nice to be able to continue to scroll though the information screens....I know who I am talking to! Hope maybe this is addressed in a software update.

·
Registered
2018 Outback Touring 3.6R
971 Posts
As far as voice guidance, I believe you'll find the same thing in almost any car with bluetooth phone and navigation. If I was on a call, I wouldn't want the voice to intrude on the call, and that's what would happen if it continued to provide guidance during the call. I wouldn't want it the way you describe.

As to the info display, that does seem odd. With my previous VW and Audi cars I could always change the display from the phone if I desired. Since I've only driven my new OB for one day before I flew back here to VA, I can't say if mine is the same. I go home again in two weeks, so I'll most likely encounter the scenario in the two weeks I'm home.

·
Registered
2018 OB 2.5 Limited
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When using AA on the phone you can adjust the volume level of the voice prompts so they do not overpower the phone call but you hear them in the background. There at least needs to be a audio notification (ding) or something to let you know there is a guidance change so you look at the screen to see what it is.... I have the setting in Google maps to play voice guidance during calls.....you can turn it off if you dont want it and I would think these features would carry through to the HU android auto.

·
Registered
2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
7,110 Posts
I missed my turn because of this.
No, you missed your turn because you weren't paying sufficient attention to your driving. Think of this incident as a wake-up call. (Pun intended.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts