Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5 Touring
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When setting stations with Sirius everything works fine. When I come back the next day all the buttons I set say Initializing. Anyone seen this issue before?

Thanks,
Doug

·
Registered
2018 Dark Blue Outback 3.6R Touring arrived 8/31/2017
343 Posts
When setting stations with Sirius everything works fine. When I come back the next day all the buttons I set say Initializing. Anyone seen this issue before?

Thanks,
Doug
Yes, I only set a few, but I saw this insanity in the last week or two.

My theory is they're using names downloaded in meta data to identify the stations and perhaps it's not getting a clean meta data, or no meta data is being transmitted by stations, or it's just another thing to add to the absurdly long list of bugs in the 2018 head units.

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5 Touring
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I fixed the problem by doing a Factory Rest on the unit. It has been 5 days and all stations are now holding. Hope this helps anyone else having this problem.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have had this issue but only in position 6. Today I tried putting the station in position 4 to see if it does the same thing time will tell. It may be due to the higher XM channels not sure about that one yet but in position 6 I was saving XM channel 311 and now have it saved i position 4.

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5i Touring
54 Posts
I've had the same issue. All the stations held fine for a while, then suddenly The Joint, which I had on pre-set 1, vanished and turned to "Initializing." I reprogrammed it, and a couple days later it vanished again. Had the vehicle into the dealership on another head unit issue and they did a reset. The Joint held fine for a couple of days, then vanished again. Annoying.

·
Registered
2018 Outback 3.6R Limited
3 Posts
I think the problem with "vanishing" stations on the presets might have been solved in the software update released in January 2018. At least none of my stations have vanished over the last six weeks. However, any of the presets that were not used but said "Initializing" at the time I went in for the update still say "Initializing".

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5i Limited w/Eyesight
159 Posts
It has not been solved by the latest s/w update. I had mine updated a couple weeks ago and I still have the issue of presets 4 through 6 reverting back to "initializing". It is completely random if//when this happens. The software was updated from 2.17.22.30 to 2.17.43.30.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The posts on this concern seemed to end in March, but it is now June and I am having the same problem. Is there a fix for this? I've gone to the dealership and they have nothing but guesses and nothing works.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2018 Dark Blue Outback 3.6R Touring arrived 8/31/2017
343 Posts
The posts on this concern seemed to end in March, but it is now June and I am having the same problem. Is there a fix for this? I've gone to the dealership and they have nothing but guesses and nothing works.

Thanks!
Due to the gross incompetence of the software developers, the only thing you can do until the head unit is updated with something that fixes the bugs is to note which preset locations fail to work and not use them.

·
Registered
Our newbie is a 2016 OB Limited2.5i with pkg 23 and 5.
9 Posts
Pre-set radio stations

Also happening with my 2018 OB. With mine, just the first 3 presets are lost and say "initializing" and a night in the garage. Will call my dealer and report back if they have any new/better fixes. Richard

ps - called my dealer and he said a bulletin just came out re. this problem and that it requires an update to the firmware so it has to be brought in to the dealer.

·
Premium Member
2018 Outback Touring 2.5i, and soon 2019 Ascent Touring
139 Posts
I have a 2018 OB Touring I picked up mid June with same issue... Seems to affect first set of presets as the SXM ones I have in my third set remain fine.

Every time I check for software update it says I’m up to date.

I’ll check again...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Factory preset problems solved for me.

I had a similar problem with my 2018 Outback. The first two presets kept disappearing, replaced with "initializing". I bought it in March, and when I took it in for its for 6,000 mile service in July, the technicians said there is a software update for that problem. They installed it, and I haven't had the problem since.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts