Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Subaru Outback 3.6R Touring
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says it all. What is the best LED fog light for the Outback that matches the OEM HID lights? I'm looking to rid myself of the discrepant lighting. While I'm at it, reverse lights, too?

·
Registered
2018 3.6R limited w/eyesight Subaru Outback....sold my 2011, Subaru Outback, 2,5i Spt Pack.
159 Posts
I'm also pondering on this issue of the fogs....researching here and there. Leaning towards the auxbeam f16...but not sure about where you would secure the long wiring. There's also dynamic diodes fogs which doesn't have that extra circuitry block. I haven't look underneath at the stock fogs yet.

·
Registered
2017 Outback 2.5i Limited w/ EyeSight, Ice Silver/Black
14 Posts
I replaced my reverse lights to Sylvania Zevo LED lights. They have great output, which really helps when reversing at night!

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5 Touring
23 Posts
Did you guys have any issues with voltage when replacing the reverse lights and the fog lights with LED?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Bulb style and How To

Canisreevus:

I have a 2018 Outback Limited and noticed you have an 18 Touring. I want to put in LED Bulbs for Backup lights. I think the base of the bulb has changed to a 7440 type. Could you confirm that? It makes a difference with what I order. Also not quite sure how to replace. It appears there are two snap panels in the Hatch Back and the socket just twists out. Its been too cold too explore.
Could you explain how those bulbs come out?
This would help greatly. Many thanks.

·
Registered
18 Outback 3.6r Touring
741 Posts
Canisreevus:

I have a 2018 Outback Limited and noticed you have an 18 Touring. I want to put in LED Bulbs for Backup lights. I think the base of the bulb has changed to a 7440 type. Could you confirm that? It makes a difference with what I order. Also not quite sure how to replace. It appears there are two snap panels in the Hatch Back and the socket just twists out. Its been too cold too explore.
Could you explain how those bulbs come out?
This would help greatly. Many thanks.
It’s a 921 bulb. The instructions to replace can be found in your owners manual. Basically pop the panel off the hatch, twist the bulb hold to remove and pull bulb out. Reverse to install.

·
Registered
2015 Outback Limited 3.6r
366 Posts
Would any of our Euro or South Asian friends know of what the back of the bumper looks like on the Gen 5 Outbacks? It seems that the fog light housing is much different, to where the Euro / JDM spec Outbacks have a regular sized opening or regular fog lights, versus our American style (massive) housings.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts