Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Outback 3.6R Limited 50th Anniversary
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings!

Here's what I want to do, I'm probably just a noob on newer audio technologies but anyway....

In previous vehicles, I would install car audio and decrease the bass to the speakers in the car and have the subwoofer in the rear deal with that. Is that not how things work anymore? I see I just have 3 EQ settings; bass (like the fish), mid, high. Is there a way that I can decrease the low frequency sent to the doors that make my leg vibrate and have only the subwoofer handle those frequencies? There is an amp so I would assume this is possible if there's a way I can get to the amp.

·
Registered
2018 Limited
112 Posts
Do some research on DSP’s (digital signal processors). It will help tremendously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Outback 3.6R
84 Posts
http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums...-diy-adding-sub-amp-2018-3-6-w-hk-stereo.html

Added my own sub, so that I could do what you are describing. It helps to have your own bass control knob, too - very convenient. Found out that if I turn the bass down to 0, keep the treble and mid at 7 and 5, fade the imaging to the rear 2 clicks - then it sounds really good with the added sub turned up to where it blends with the music properly. The three subs that are stock really aren't made to handle the lowest frequencies in many different genres of music out there. The link at the top of my post is my DIY guide for adding your own sub w/bass control knob. Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts